• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Yuki Yuna is a Hero (TV) (all seasons + movies).

Goto page Previous  

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:12 am Reply with quote
I have to say that I appreciate Vaisaga's succinct summaries of what happens, because I don't think I'd be able to figure out on my own what happened. I agree with DP that the first half of season two was very good and the second half just decent, so I combined the two grades to give a Good rating overall.
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:41 am Reply with quote
I thought for a second one of the spirits pushing/touching the barrier was gonna turn to Washi and speak in Gin's voice, but I guess that'd be too cheesy.

I think Hero's Chapter was better than Washio's by quite a bit. The website I have my list in separates the two anyway, so one's rating doesn't affect the other's.
YuushaHana

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:17 am Reply with quote
While the Heroes Chapter has ended, we've been following the news from several sites that related to YuYuYu franchise.

As of now, These are some informations we received from the Yuushabu Radio & Dengeki G's news.

Take your own risk to read the informations below, because it might be a "SPOILER" for who watch only anime version.

Those below are the informations we got, until there might be more on Mankai Matsuri 3.

V
V
V
V
V

------------------------------------------------

A bunch of staff info regarding Hero Chapter to deliver.

From director Seiji Kishi in Yuushabu Radio (1/26):

Yuuna's story will not end with Hero Chapter. There were plenty of scenes, especially on the final episode of the chapter, that did not make the final cut which ideally would have been included had they been given an extra episode or two. (thanks Kadokawa).

From this month's issue of Dengeki G:

- What the Sentinels (KuMeYu) were doing during the attack of the Heavenly gods will definitely be touched upon.

- Hanayui no Shou was written up until chapter 19 by last year's summer, and is still being written. (YuYuYui)

***- There will be more information on the series' future later on. ***

- It's a very important work he (Takahiro and the other staff members of Project 2H I presume) puts a lot of heart into and is glad to be continuing it.

From the radio show featuring Takahiro himself (2/2):

- Everything regarding the fate of Karin's brother, Aki-sensei, both Land Gods and Heavenly Gods, the state of the Outside World, etc. will be touched upon as much as possible in the upcoming VN on 30th May.

- The Vertexes were supposed to able to talk in the earliest drafts, but the staff decided against this as it might seem weird to viewers/readers.

- Details about Yuuna's Daimankai and Her odd eyes (heterochromia) will be disclosed at a later date (though it's pretty obvious she's become the avatar of Konosakuyahime, some official confirmation would be nice).

- 11 January, the day Yuuna says in Hero Chapter episode 4 that she is doing well, is also Takashima Yuuna's birthday. Takahiro made a brief minor comment about it.

***- Many people have noticed that Yuuki Yuuna & Takashima Yuuna have similar appearances, so there will be a "third Yuuna" that will debut in Hanayui. ***
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:10 pm Reply with quote
Updated the opener to include the movie trilogy, S2 compilation of said movies, the previous season, Hero Chapter, and newest season, Great Mankai Chapter.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:01 am Reply with quote
The Great Mankai Chapter, Episode 12 (finale)

I watched this season, but at the same time I feel like I didn't really at all. I think the show was kind of losing me when it set itself up as an interquel, prequel and maybe retelling, I am not really sure as I had a tough time actually feeling invested again. What I did like was the first episode, when it was just silly fun with these kids, but when it started just being serious again along with I think retelling things, I just didn't care so much. The knew character side stuff was maybe interesting, as well as following stuff from the past for the old heroes and how things fell apart for them. But as a season itself it just came across to me like a big collage of different parts of a franchise I was mostly done with, that it didn't do much for me.

If I had one question in the franchise to follow up, it probably would have been finally have some resolution to Togo implicitly being in love with Yuna, but really nothing much. Although the post time skip stuff with Yuna and Togo at least traveling together was cute.

Rating this season I I will say Decent (6/10). At least I don't think that I lost my time.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 11 of 11