• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Yuki Yuna is a Hero (TV) (all seasons + movies).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jacquipuff

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:18 pm Reply with quote
Really nice, cute episode. But of course, as I expected, spoiler[the fighting is not yet over.]

DuskyPredator wrote:
I think the end pretty much confirmed it, thspoiler[ey get a fairy each time they participate, Togo had 3 so she very well participated twice before.]

When spoiler[Fu got her new fairy], my first thought actually was "Hey, looks like DuskyPredator was right after all!" Very Happy
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:52 pm Reply with quote
Welp, the spoiler[stone cold truth is out and the girls are taking it hard. At this rate, I wonder if they can find a loophole already their defects. Togo (the new girl introduced from the episode) paid a price for her powers and it doesn't seem like she's doing any better at all..]

spoiler[Mankai] is the source of their power so without it, they can't find Vertex.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:34 pm Reply with quote
That sure turned dark.
Ingraman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:08 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Togo (the new girl introduced from the episode)

Tougo's the girl in the wheelchair who's been there since the first episode. ^^;

As far as this episode goes: Wow. The revelations are spoiler[pretty much what's been expected, but it sucks to have it confirmed]. ;_; spoiler[With this news, I hope that it won't be much longer before the girls put things together to realize why Tougo's got so many faeries]... Getting only part of a mixed media release is a pain.

Where will it go from here? Another ominous title for next week.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:03 am Reply with quote
Episode 8

The episode seemed to heavily imply that the girl spoiler[they met was Togo's friend, who decided not to push it once Togo did not recognise her]. But the talk about spoiler[the ribbon] made it very clear that there was more happening. Rather sad. I want to see these character break from the frustration of what they are facing, especially one that had her dreams go with her voice.

I was expecting nspoiler[ew costumes for their new fairy (which only happens after mankai]), but it seems they at least get spoiler[a new power]. Knew that Yuna would get spoiler[fire]. Kind of wish we got more focus on their fairies, Gyuki gets most of the focus, and is at least still a light spot.
Jacquipuff

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:13 pm Reply with quote
Wow...I think we all knew something like this was coming, but it still really hurt to watch the second half of the episode. The poor girls, spoiler[the predecessors as well as the current ones.] I wonder whether spoiler[Yuna and Togo will tell the other three what they learned, or try to keep it secret for now.]
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:38 pm Reply with quote
Well, that emotional....

I wonder if there is spoiler[any way at that they haven't discovered yet on how to get rid of their defections. I feel bad for Fuu and especially Itsuki since it's her dream to sing. Losing her voice pretty much shatters that dream....]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:02 pm Reply with quote
*Sigh* I really need to watch these episodes faster. I keep getting spoiled by the episode review pic on the front page.

I'm glad this show is making such a good case for the idea that you don't need to kill off characters to make your work dramatic.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:18 am Reply with quote
I would have reacted pretty much the way Fuu did.

But somehow I have lost track of the story. Are the girls going to have to fight any more vertexes or aren't they?
Yttrbio
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:38 am Reply with quote
I hope not, but probably. It would be a pretty bold move for the show to focus on them coming to terms with their situation as the last act, rather than the traditional "the fight's not over!" approach.
Ingraman

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:57 am Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
*Sigh* I really need to watch these episodes faster. I keep getting spoiled by the episode review pic on the front page.

Maybe you should switch to one of ANN's alternate page layouts on Wednesday night or Thursday morning, and switch back later. I always use the first layout option, so I don't see any thumbnails to spoil things, and I just ignore the teaser text for episodes that I haven't watched. It does bug me that I'm still downloading all of the images, even if I'm not looking at them, though.

As far as today's episode goes:
The emotional spoiler[shredding that Fuu went through] made this episode very hard to watch. spoiler[Her reaction wasn't entirely unexpected, and I had tears in my eyes as the episode finished with Itsuki's song]... ;_;

I do wonder what exactly the circumstances where when Tougo found out that the faeries would keep her spoiler[from being able to commit suicide. Is she _that_ analytical to have realized that from the start, or did she earnestly try to kill herself before catching on to what the faeries] and the Taisha were doing? Has she realized why she has so many faeries of her own, yet? I was expecting her spoiler[to bring that up when she invited Yuuna and Fuu to her home, but she surprised me with what she did reveal].

I'm both dreading and looking forward to episode 10 next week. How many episodes remain for this series? With Christmas and New Years Day falling on Thursdays, I'm expecting the series to suffer preemptions after episode 11, and any wait would be really painful.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:16 am Reply with quote
Ingraman wrote:
Maybe you should switch to one of ANN's alternate page layouts on Wednesday night or Thursday morning, and switch back later. I always use the first layout option, so I don't see any thumbnails to spoil things, and I just ignore the teaser text for episodes that I haven't watched. It does bug me that I'm still downloading all of the images, even if I'm not looking at them, though.

I suppose I could do that. I just find it funny that they enforce this rule that we have to discuss current episodes in spoiler tags in threads, even though anyone with a brain would avoid these threads if they hadn't seen the newest episode, yet they post a spoilery image publically on the front page.

Anyways, I was surprised that spoiler[they can transform whenever they want. I was under the assumption that they could only transform in that other world.] It was kinda sweet how Fu spoiler[didn't really care about her own affliction. She was pissed solely for Itsuki and the other's sake. She's a good big sister.]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:51 pm Reply with quote
The episode was pretty amazing. I was waiting for a while for spoiler[a character just to snap, and it finally happened].
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:16 pm Reply with quote
Damn, I just want to give Mimori a hug now Anime cry

Her spoiler[past with Yuuki and the others leading up to joining the Hero club looks so bright. Then bam, now her life along with her friends is like nothing compared to before. Well, I do hope Mimori accomplish whatever goal is on her mind but it won't be easy. That's for sure.]
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:14 pm Reply with quote
Boy did Togo get hit pretty hard with the stupid stick. spoiler[Shinju-sama is keeping the Vertex out to prevent them from wiping out what's left of humanity. She wants to free her friends from the Hero System so she's going to destroy Shinju-sama... by letting in the Vertex... so they can kill the rest of humanity, her friends included. I know you're desperate, but you really didn't think this through, Togo.]

Also, was that wall always there? I don't remember it ever being mentioned so it kinda came out of nowhere.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 3 of 11