• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Pony Canyon Production Company Expands to US Market

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:17 am Reply with quote
Ali07 wrote:

Damn, REC isn't there...

That one is listed on TBS's site that I linked above, so I assume it's one of theirs. Always hoped Sentai would license it, but I guess the shorter length works against it unfortunately.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:01 pm Reply with quote
Ya pay's ya money, ya take's ya choice. If one has more money than sense and is willing to pay the extortion well good on ya. if anyone should be worried about this it's got to be AniPlex USA. as there can not be a deep enough pool of anime fans with more money than sense to be putting the oxygen of money into enough for two Japanese style marketers to breath in. Either way it will now be two distributors what will not see the glint of my coin then.
Ali07

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:10 am Reply with quote
EmperorBrandon wrote:
Ali07 wrote:

Damn, REC isn't there...

That one is listed on TBS's site that I linked above, so I assume it's one of theirs. Always hoped Sentai would license it, but I guess the shorter length works against it unfortunately.

It'd be nice if someone grabbed it. But, you may be right about its shorter length hurting it. Might also be a title that isn't that well known and that it's now 8 years old.
kevinx59

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:38 am Reply with quote
Ali07 wrote:
EmperorBrandon wrote:

It'd be nice if someone grabbed it. But, you may be right about its shorter length hurting it. Might also be a title that isn't that well known and that it's now 8 years old.
Maybe not Sentai but it looks like something Maiden Japan could release. A lot of their stuff are a bit more obscure series from around 2006/7/8 ( like Ray, Myself;Yourself, Glass Maiden)

By the way so if the Pony Canyon/TBS international licensing rights work the way you guys explain, does that mean most of the US release with the Showgate logo are licensed from them and not Warner/Bandai/Universal etc., the Japanese distributor?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9