• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Pile of Shame - Special Duty Combat Unit Shinesman

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scriver058

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:15 am Reply with quote
I actually don't think this aired on American TV at all, highly doubt if the Sci-Fi channel showed it back in the day. I saw this via rented VHS, and while some of it may have gone over my head at the time, it was quite enjoyable and I got that it was supposed to be a parody of Power Rangers type stuff. Absolutely love that "OVA short of a series" line. I actually spent a lengthy bit of time searching for the soundtrack to Shinesman, I really liked the music and the opening and closing themes (especially the closing theme), but never could find it in any form.
Polycell

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:29 am Reply with quote
Maokun wrote:
For the love of God, "Pile of Shame" is a saying that means "backlog". It doesn't mean that there's shameful content in it, it means that there's "shame" upon the speaker for allowing the backlog for be formed.
People who encounter a phrase they're not familiar with aren't always going to parse it as intended. There was a heck of a lot more noise when this column started, so it's pretty obvious the term isn't that common and we've just gotten used to it being used.
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:30 am Reply with quote
I hope that the mods will forgive me for doing this again but I had to throw my two cents in. I remember "Special Duty Combat Unit Shinesman." I saw this on Encore Action some years ago. It was pretty good but never really got a proper ending. I hope the people who made this do that someday.
EricJ2

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:20 am Reply with quote
Snomaster1 wrote:
I hope that the mods will forgive me for doing this again but I had to throw my two cents in.

The mods are pitiless--Begging for mercy will do you no good. Wink
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4