• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Durarara!!×2 Casts M.A.O, Kappei Yamaguchi, Hiro Shimono, Yuuki Ono

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:27 am Reply with quote
KutovoiAnton wrote:
Quote:
M.A.O as Vorona

Hoped that they'll give this role to Jenya (person#94741). Oh, well, I guess it was impossible to begin with.

Ditto that. M.A.O even said on stage that she hasn't spoken a word of Russian in her life. -_-; I actually knew she was going to play Vorona a while back due to the grapevine, but damn, was I disappointed. Another loss for foreign VAs who speak Japanese.
KH91

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:09 am Reply with quote
DRRR!! dropping bombs next year.

Can you say anime of the year?
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:55 am Reply with quote
Good thing that it's universally agreed the second half of the anime was the low point in the novels, so it should all be far better from here on.
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:02 pm Reply with quote
WikiSonic wrote:
And if that's the case, I wonder if the pacing will suffer any, since the pacing in the first season was very steady even though only 3 volumes were adapted. We'll have to see, though.

Oomori san (director) mentioned in his tweet that even though it's split cours, the series is going to be packed.

KutovoiAnton wrote:
Quote:
M.A.O as Vorona

Hoped that they'll give this role to Jenya (person#94741). Oh, well, I guess it was impossible to begin with.

I haven't read the original novels yet (though I do have a number of them...) but when they were announcing the characters and said the character "hailed from Russia" I immediately thought Jenya too. Maybe she'll provide "Russian guidance" like in Black Lagoon?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2