• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Cast Your Vote For Your Favorite Gundam to Appear in Gundam Build Fighters Try

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
the-antihero

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:23 pm Reply with quote
As long as you don't do this 'other world' crap

Hajime Katoki's Gundam Wing designs in animated form would be a treat, including Epyon and Tallgeese. Throw in Gundams from manga and novel side stories that have yet to be animated such as Geminass from The Last Outpost and the titular F90.

Throw in thr AGE Gundams too.
jonnyMAGNUM

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:56 pm Reply with quote
I voted for Deathscythe Hell Custom. It ranks in my top three MSes and hasn't really been shown yet. A kid at the end of Build Fighters was using one to fight Felini, but that's it.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:08 pm Reply with quote
the-antihero wrote:
As long as you don't do this 'other world' crap

Hajime Katoki's Gundam Wing designs in animated form would be a treat, including Epyon and Tallgeese. Throw in Gundams from manga and novel side stories that have yet to be animated such as Geminass from The Last Outpost and the titular F90.

Eypon appeared a bit in S1 but not a lot. Id like more but I'd like something that hasn't been shown at all more
the-antihero

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:45 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
Eypon appeared a bit in S1 but not a lot. Id like more but I'd like something that hasn't been shown at all more

Epyon is probably the strongest Gundam in the Wing universe yet it was about as pathetic as a mass-produced MS (Leo, Zaku, and other rubbish like those) in Build Fighters. But seeing the Ver Ka version instead would be awesome.

The problem with Build Fighters, aside from its ridiculously-concieved characters (15 year old with 2 PhD's who is a ninja infiltrating high security factories and dresses in a kimono, bowing to the crowd, utterly stupid) is that they literally have EVERY mobile suit in the history of the Gundam franchise and yet they don't take full advantage of that.

The Meijin, the supposed best Gunpla Battler uses a f*cking Zaku which is the UC's equivalent to a Leo from Gundam Wing. Instead of giving him something more badass to start with before he got the Exia like Double X, AGE-FX, or ZZ, they give him a junky MS. Even non-Gundams like Hyaku Shiki, Tallgeese, and G-Exes would have made some sense. Nope, some sh*t writer thought that an ugly piece of sh*t Zaku would be awesome.

Seriously, I've seen better MS battles by username Zeheart Aznable on youtube, the guy edited together clips from various Gundam series very well. That is what Build Fighters should have been!

Honestly, the only thing Build Fighters S1 was good for was seeing old MS from the 90's and before in new animation.
iCards

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:44 pm Reply with quote
the-antihero wrote:

I don't expect AGE, Last year they weren't able to use 00 season 2 designs because of a five year license with the network that didn't expire till Build Fighters last episode hence why we got Exia Repair. AGE has only ended for TWO years now if it was under a similar deal.
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:13 am Reply with quote
iCards wrote:
AGE has only ended for TWO years now if it was under a similar deal.

We can only hope...
Sume Gai

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:44 am Reply with quote
SilverTalon01 wrote:
iCards wrote:

We can only hope...
Given Build Fighters is mostly about model kits and Mecha Designs I see no reason to exclude it from Build Fighters for the poor elements that would likely get mocked if they were even mentioned in the series,
H. Guderian

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:47 am Reply with quote
Noble Gundam.
WeirDiE_InC

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:28 am Reply with quote
Sume Gai wrote:
SilverTalon01 wrote:
iCards wrote:

We can only hope...
Given Build Fighters is mostly about model kits and Mecha Designs I see no reason to exclude it from Build Fighters for the poor elements that would likely get mocked if they were even mentioned in the series,

Say what you what about Gundam AGE, but I think it had some of the best designs in history of the franchise. I'd love to see those make it into GBF.

Otherwise, my votes goes to suits that haven't been animated; I was so excited to see in the beginning spoiler[Shin Musha Gundam appear, even though it didn't do anything.]

Also, spoiler[more G-Saviour] Cool
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:28 pm Reply with quote
WeirDiE_InC wrote:
Say what you what about Gundam AGE, but I think it had some of the best designs in history of the franchise. I'd love to see those make it into GBF.

Ok, the Vegan MS had some really nice designs. The main gundam designs were just crappy rip offs of the first 4 UC Gundams. So I guess it depends on what they would put in, but as some one else mentioned they likely can't use them yet.
the-antihero

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:49 am Reply with quote
SilverTalon01 wrote:
WeirDiE_InC wrote:

Ok, the Vegan MS had some really nice designs. The main gundam designs were just crappy rip offs of the first 4 UC Gundams. So I guess it depends on what they would put in, but as some one else mentioned they likely can't use them yet.

Every lead Gundam is in some way a rip-off of either the RX-78-2 or another AU Gundam, and to call AGE out for being inspired or a ripoff, as is traditionally done half the time, is just stupid. Besides, in what way do Dark Hound and AGE-FX ripoff a UC Gundam? And please don't give me superficial reasons like 'Dark Hound is a pirate Crossbone Gundam'

No one seems to care that X Gundam loosely resembles Wing Gundam, no one says anything about the fact that Leopard Gundam is clearly a Heavyarms ripoff only the color schemes between original and upgrade are reversed, and no one's complaining about how Virsago is an Epyon/Altron hybrid.

00 definitely has the most unique MS designs, but even then you can see some resemblance with past Gundams.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1