• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kuroko's Basketball to Launch Sequel Manga in December

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigivel

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:47 am Reply with quote
Wojtini wrote:
Quote:
It's being serialised in Jump NEXT! which comes out once every two months.

So it will have chapters with around 100 pages or what?! Since it was weekly manga in WSJ.

100? No, that obviously not happen!

Look at Beelzebub spin-off, you have
1st chapter - 34 pages
2nd chapter - 25 pages
3rd chapter - 27 pages

It can be that Beelzebub spin-off is just short by definition, but I don't believe that Kuroko sequel will have more than 50 pages per chapter.
Bugnin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:49 am Reply with quote
This series was always set up for another season. All of Seirin's players have another year of eligibility.

I want my Miami Heat scenario. Get the generation of miracles to team up to take down Seirin. Maybe one of the five transfers to Seirin to even things up, or they snag a couple of talented first years with their newfound fame as champions.

You can have some other American transfers or first year phenoms or whatever to make the other teams interesting, too.

I see no reason why Kuroko can't continue on. There's plenty left to tell.
CallumKeyblade

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:31 pm Reply with quote
Wojtini wrote:
Quote:
It's being serialised in Jump NEXT! which comes out once every two months.

So it will have chapters with around 100 pages or what?! Since it was weekly manga in WSJ.

Apparently it will be a short series about what happened to the characters after the main manga so it will probably just have short chapters every 2 months like the Beelzebub spin off in Jump NEXT!
Ulinox

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:08 pm Reply with quote
I never understood the appeal of this manga. It never has, and will never be even half as good as Slam Dunk, so why even bother?
Bugnin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:35 pm Reply with quote
Ulinox wrote:
I never understood the appeal of this manga. It never has, and will never be even half as good as Slam Dunk, so why even bother?

This is like saying all Samurai movies made since 1954 are pointless because there will never be another Seven Samurai.

If you were expecting it to be Slam Dunk, you missed the point of the manga. It isn't and doesn't try to be.

It's essentially DBZ with basketballs. I loathe DBZ, but I do love basketball. Kuroko no Basket is fun and doesn't take itself too seriously. The artist himself has a very loose understanding of how real basketball is played, but he's passionate about it and it shows in his work.
vallum

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:24 pm Reply with quote
As long as it doesn't get an anime version for some years, I'm ok.
Maybe that's why we didn't get a Slam Dunk remake this last few years... I mean, two anime about basketball at the same time would maybe make one affect the success of the other. Just saying, MAYBE...
simona.com

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:16 am Reply with quote
Yes!!
more Aomine-Wakamatsu banter please!
Minami-Asakura

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:14 am Reply with quote
Bugnin wrote:

It's essentially DBZ with basketballs. I loathe DBZ, but I do love basketball. Kuroko no Basket is fun and doesn't take itself too seriously. The artist himself has a very loose understanding of how real basketball is played, but he's passionate about it and it shows in his work.

Not really, dont compare a titanic monster of world proportions with a local manga with good LOCAL sucess...anyway Kuroko its not that flashy, its like half baked Prince of tennis, of course TPOT got to a ridiculous stupid point Kuroko is thankfully far from yet.
sakurablossom143

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:12 am Reply with quote
Kuroko is nothing like PoT to me... at least not at that area yet lol... I mean, sure they get into the "zone", but it's not like they have all these weird powers...

okay, i take that back, Kuroko does have his weird misdirection passes OTL...

but I don't foresee Kuroko going as far as PoT or anything like DBZ, Naruto, Bleach, etc...
Bugnin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:17 am Reply with quote
Minami-Asakura wrote:
Bugnin wrote:

Not really, don't compare a titanic monster of world proportions with a local manga with good LOCAL sucess..

Actually, I can and I will. Slam Dunk is pretty well recognized as the top basketball manga ever, and Seven Samurai is well known as the best samurai movie ever. Nowhere did I compare them directly, only to say that they're both the undisputed best in their genres, and it's stupid to say no one should bother making another genre piece because it won't be as good.

Kuroko is incredibly flashy. That's the selling point.
Izumi Akira

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:55 am Reply with quote
Why do we have to compare to each other like that. Every mangaka want to create a manga that can't compare to any other. Smile That's why every one of them have their main point which left a special feelings inside of you after reading those

Idk how 'bout you but, for me... this manga is the first one that I "luv from the bottom of my heart" <3 . It's encourage me everytime I feel despair Anime smallmouth ... so it's really wonderful for me when I know Fujimaki-san will cont' on this manga. Even though they had a great... great ending but I still wanna know more things after that tournament (What will happen to Kuroko? Will Seirin have a match with Shige's school?...)

If it's possible, I want this manga cont' 4ever :3
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:15 pm Reply with quote
I should've known he wouldn't let it end on a good note, this series needs to be milked to oblivion. Well.., looking forward to 30+ chps per match..
CallumKeyblade

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:22 pm Reply with quote
Ambimunch wrote:
I should've known he wouldn't let it end on a good note, this series needs to be milked to oblivion. Well.., looking forward to 30+ chps per match..

That would make it 5+ years of manga per match so I'd hope that isn't the case.
sunflower

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:18 am Reply with quote
Bugnin wrote:
Actually, I can and I will. Slam Dunk is pretty well recognized as the top basketball manga ever, and Seven Samurai is well known as the best samurai movie ever.

Slam Dunk is the most famous basketball manga. The first ten volumes though were boring as heck. SD was Inoue's preparation for the actual best basketball manga, which is his series REAL.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2