• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What are you watching right now? Why? (please read 1st post)

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
louis6578

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:30 pm Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:
Just finished Made in Abyss and it was utterly amazing. Best series I've watched in a while; it just "sucks you right in there", doesn't it? Haha xD

Really loved the characters and story. Kinda wish the author would make it less.....'fetish-y' but that won't stop me from picking up the manga. lol

*kidnaps Reg-kun*

So.....I'll be taking this now.....yes, he is mine .>:3

Wow. What made you start now? It's been over forever. It's almost like someone made you do it. Was that person awesome and epic? Was he The Anime Pope?

Very Happy
Chiibi

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:39 pm Reply with quote
louis6578 wrote:

Wow. What made you start now? It's been over forever. It's almost like someone made you do it. Was that person awesome and epic? Was he The Anime Pope?

Very Happy

Nah, I think he was just some filthy pleb who thinks JJBA is God-tier.

Very Happy
louis6578

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:31 am Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:
louis6578 wrote:

Very Happy

Nah, I think he was just some filthy pleb who thinks JJBA is God-tier.

Very Happy

Sounds like a man of true culture. He is centuries ahead of his time.
Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:40 am Reply with quote
Im 6 eps into Masamune-kun's revenge and I like it but Fujinomiya is def wrecking the whole revenge plot. She is the perfect waifu which makes me really paranoid about how this can wrap up in another 6 eps. The characters are likeable and they have a low rent kyoani look to them.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:47 pm Reply with quote
Shadowrun20XX wrote:
Im 6 eps into Masamune-kun's revenge and I like it but Fujinomiya is def wrecking the whole revenge plot. She is the perfect waifu which makes me really paranoid about how this can wrap up in another 6 eps. The characters are likeable and they have a low rent kyoani look to them.

This show gets much hate, it seems. But I enjoyed it very much.

Also rec the manga. TON more story there.
Never_Know_Best

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:30 am Reply with quote
Been devouring Made in Abyss, a little more than halfway through. The fantasy intrigue, aesthetics, well-realized characters, and promise of more adventures to be animated all make it an ideal fit for Toonami imo. Only problem is, well... the show’s sense of humor. I’m not going to get into it here, but I don’t imagine I have to either.

Also really enjoying Ancient Magus’ Bride week-to-week. I get the criticisms of the series’ pace and questionable main relationship; but it’s such a joy to immerse myself in such an enchanting world, populated by characters I really have come to care about. Plus, the artistry in this show is damn impressive. Hopefully the wait for s2 is bearable.

Oh yeah, I’ll sporadically watch an ep of Outlaw Star too. It’s kinda dumb, the visuals aren’t very impressive, and most of the characters can be about as unlikable as the worst silly 90s action anime had to offer. Still; OS is a comfy piece of my childhood, a rousing space adventure that transports me to intriguing, far-off worlds. I’ll miss it once I’ve finally completed my journey with Gene and crew.

Last edited by Never_Know_Best on Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Chiibi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:55 pm Reply with quote
Never_Know_Best wrote:
Been devouring Made in Abyss, a little more than halfway through. The fantasy intrigue, aesthetics, well-realized characters, and promise of more adventures to be animated all make it an ideal fit for Toonami imo. Only problem is, well... the show’s sense of humor. I’m not going to get into it here, but I don’t imagine I have to either.

I think they could totally cut those tiny risque scenes; they're just a few seconds plus sometimes it's just dialogue that's....risque.

And the series would be perfection IF they did cut them.
Never_Know_Best

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:24 am Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:
Never_Know_Best wrote:

I think they could totally cut those tiny risque scenes; they're just a few seconds plus sometimes it's just dialogue that's....risque.

And the series would be perfection IF they did cut them.

I mean, I agree those cuts would be an improvement. I doubt Toonami would violate their unofficial “no cuts unless there’s a nipple” policy just to air a 1-2 cour show with chibi protags though.
Cam0

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:24 am Reply with quote
Somehow I found those scenes kinda tame. Mainly because the characters weren't drawn to be sexy and the camera didn't ogle specific body parts or anything.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:30 pm Reply with quote
Compared to something like Kodomo No Jikan, yes, they're VERY tame. Anime hyper

Still seems to bother some viewers though....
phia_one

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:17 am Reply with quote
Been working through some of my Crunchyroll queue:

Code;Realize-I actually ended up dropping this which is a shame since I loved the game. I understand that it's an adaption, but I'm tired of being disappointed. Scenes that I was really looking forward to seemed to have been put in a blender. That, and the show is really overplaying Van Helsing's jerkass tendencies. Who knows, maybe I'll go back to it later.

Sketchbook Full Colors-I'm undecided as to whether or not I'm dropping this. I find myself sticking with it just for the cat segments. The comedy is rather hit and miss and I find episodes that mostly focus on Sora to be dull.

MIss Hokusai-I've been looking forward to this movie and have mixed feelings. The episodic pace worked well and I grew attached to the characters. Yet, I couldn't help but wish that there was more to it. The random rock music was kinda jarring though compared to the other music. I found myself reflecting on scenes after I was done watching which I consider a plus.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:46 pm Reply with quote
To answer the thread questions.
1. I just finished episode 7 of Ms. Koizumi Loves Ramen Noodles
2. I have no idea why!
It goes nowhere, has no real jokes, the ramen love gets soooo immensely tedious, and there's no one to like.
I put it in my queue and just keep pressing play.

I would have posted this in the series thread, but not even Stark could be bothered making one.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:02 pm Reply with quote
I kind of feel the same way, SM. Not sure why I continue to watch. Well, that's not quite true. First, I really do love ramen and it's interesting to me to see the different types and 2) I'm waiting to see if Ms. Koizumi will actually ever thaw a bit towards Yuu.
Spawn29

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:19 pm Reply with quote
So I try to watch Kakegurui on Netflix because I want to check out the hype behind it. I remember hearing about it last summer and I think the show sucks to be honest. I give up after 4 episodes because I really did not like it. I don't see the big deal behind this show?

I find none of the main characters to be enjoyable and the fan service at times can be annoying for a show that is meant to be taken serious. There's a lot of high stake gambling matches in the show, but none of it felt like it pay off very well. With other similar shows like Kaiji, you have way more depth to the story and characters with gambling seeing how that show deals with themes of human survival and greedy rich people screwing over society. Kakegurui comes off boring and predictable with no real pay off to it.

I have no plans on finishing the rest of the show. The only good thing that I can say about the show is that the animation was good. Everything else suck in my opinion. I would suggest to check out Kaiji or Liar Game (Manga and Japanese live action TV show. There is no anime adaption) instead.
Joshua Zarate

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:11 pm Reply with quote
Spawn29 wrote:
I find none of the main characters to be enjoyable and the fan service at times can be annoying for a show that is meant to be taken serious.

Congrats, you completely missed the point of the series. It’s not for everyone, surely, but going into any show (this one is no exception) with the wrong mindset will always sour the experience. Plus, the comparisons with Kaiji are a bit off the mark since, if anything, this is way more similar to Akagi in certain aspects than Kaiji. Eh, Different strokes for different folks.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 1002 of 1061