• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What are you watching right now? Why? (please read 1st post)

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:22 pm Reply with quote
louis6578 wrote:
Hey! My mom thinks I'm funny! Crying or Very sad

No offense, but I'd need to hear that directly from her before I take it as an established fact. But seriously, you should consider using spoiler tags for plot reveals in this thread out of consideration for other readers.
louis6578

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:40 pm Reply with quote
Spoiling this show is a courtesy if it prevents them from watching it.

Okay, but seriously. How about I just shout SPOILER WARNING near the top. Otherwise every post will be covered by a large spoiler tag and it'll be horribly irritating to read.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:13 pm Reply with quote
Eh, do whatever you thinks works best, just as long readers are given a warning that you are going to be revealing major plot points.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:01 pm Reply with quote
louis6578 wrote:
Okay, but seriously. How about I just shout SPOILER WARNING near the top. Otherwise every post will be covered by a large spoiler tag and it'll be horribly irritating to read.

Hmm, I tried that once and got roundly thrashed by both thread participants and a mod for being too lazy to use tags. This site seems to be fine with posts looking like FOIA documents.

Also, you can report your own posts to have inadvertent extras removed.
louis6578

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:41 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
louis6578 wrote:

Hmm, I tried that once and got roundly thrashed by both thread participants and a mod for being too lazy to use tags. This site seems to be fine with posts looking like FOIA documents.

Also, you can report your own posts to have inadvertent extras removed.

This is very interesting. I personally think that in a topic where you're expected to talk about anime as you're watching them, anyonethat doesn't want the particular anime in your post spoiled should skip your post or proceed with caution.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:30 am Reply with quote
Or maybe they want to read your post to get a sense of a series they're not familiar with to see if it's worth checking into, which means hiding major spoilers is likely welcome. Having to tiptoe through a minefield ready to bail at the first sign of an inadequately (or completely un-) foreshadowed spoiler kinda makes this thread useless for that purpose, or at least less enjoyable to read. This is different from an episode thread where you have a sense of whether you're caught up to the one people are talking about.
Cam0

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:59 am Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
louis6578 wrote:

I thought this was an acceptable way to post, at least in cases where the post is very long. If at the beginning part of the post you state with something like bolded red letters that the post contains spoilers then it's fine. Maybe I'm wrong, don't quote me on that. Though that's kinda what I did a few pages back (I did tag the one large spoiler and warned about minor ones). Generally speaking I'll always tag major spoilers and if there's a lot to tag then I'll just tag entire paragraphs instead of posting something that looks like one of those classified document thingies.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:58 am Reply with quote
Yeah, this is just common sense. Isolating major plot points and spoiler tagging takes two seconds. It really is no big deal. This sort of thing is not needed for threads where the sole topic is one particular show because a reader in one of those threads should understand that viewing of the show in question is going to be assumed by posters participating in it. This thread is obviously a different kettle of fish. It's a question of being a decent human being and not ruining plot points for others and still making this thread useful for those who don't want to read having to worry each time that they'll see info they don't want tot see.
Errinundra

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:53 am Reply with quote
This discussion has been held before.

The spoiler guidelines can be found here.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
louis6578

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:40 pm Reply with quote
Yo, Erri-senpai. Think you can delete my double post above? I'd appreciate it.

Just finished Children of the Whales yesterday. Well... it got a little interesting toward the end, but it was too little too late. The payoff will wait until next year.

I love that it actually had a confirmation of a season 2 in the end credits. I believe it said something like this:

Chakuro will return in Avengers: Infinity War.

But yeah, I'll raise my score up to a 3/10. The next season has potential, but it REALLY needs to deliver on the buildup.
Errinundra

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:52 pm Reply with quote
Done and done
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:35 pm Reply with quote
Well, I finished Pop Team Epic, with its 12th episode. The trolliest anime I can think of, because the entire thing was probably more to troll than whether it try to be good. Not an entire throw away, there are some interesting choices at times. The series is segmented, that it kind of wants you to be angry, and it will laugh in the face for exactly that reason, that you might be comfortable enough to get something you should like from being comfortable.

Pop Team Epic defies any idea of rating it. Some segments are purposely dumb jokes, the French gags especially, where you are without subtitles to figure out the context of the scene, and when you finally get around to it again in the second part, you find out it was the most basic dumb joke, that you probably really could have figured out from context alone, but that is the joke. Bob Team Epic segments pretty much gross you out with totally unflattering design and animation, with jokes that could be described as just being in some guys head. And any number of other dumb parts.

It is dumb, but it strangely get into your head. Along with some of the pretty cool segments that mimic old video games. Even though you know you are watching something terrible, you somehow enjoy your time, even if I often semi surf the web during second parts. But, sudden Shouta Aoi!

Giving a rating is hard, because it does not fit a series like this, but I will say Decent (6/10), only because I want to say it is kind of worth checking out, in I won't say entirely wasting time. But at the same time it wants to also be something that wastesd your time, so I put it under that rating for being creative. But imagine it more something like *nonsense word* (Imaginary number).
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:34 am Reply with quote
Episode 12 of Slow Start, capped that one off too. To be honest it was not the best of its genre, of a group of girls doing cute things, but I say that out of recent times having some really noticeably good examples. In spire of that it was actually pretty good, a good watch, I would just think that maybe it lacked a secondary aspect, like Konohana Kitan's stories, or Urara Meichirou other story beats. Actually, on that note it kind of worked best for this series when it did focus on its such theme, of failing and feeling anxious about catching up, the series name of a slow start. It actually took me a bit by surprise where they brought it up with Hannen, and showing sympathy for going through it. It possibly just failed to have that go through the rest of the show as strongly.

It was cute. It kind of also started some themes that I don't know where they actually went. Specifically that it had aspects of yuri in it, where a lot of girls apparently had crushes on Eiko. Yet, spoiler[while that was mostly teasing, it kind of started its own mini themes, starting with an episode really strongly implying that she had a crush on their female teacher, it did not come in a lot, but had me shipping it, and a focus scene in the last episode]. I am not entirely sure what to think about the inclusion of such..

Anyway, I go for a rating of Decent (6/10), which feels a little low for something I actually liked quite a bit. But I think that I think that these shows can be much better, even if there was nothing essentially wrong about it, I am not sure how many fans outside of the genre will be pulled in.
louis6578

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:19 pm Reply with quote
Just finished episode 5 of Toradora. It's certainly better than that crappy Whales anime I just tortured myself through. I only have two major complaints.

1. Two of the characters look almost identical (student council girl and Ami could be freaking twins. Their only major difference is their seiyuu).

2. Ryuji being "so scary looking that no one will talk to him" seems to be a plot point that was dropped after episode one. I'm glad they dropped it (along with only treating Taiga like a public menace sparingly, since she's really not intimidating at all), but still, it's a bit weird to introduce a character with such a strong reputation and just... forget about it.

Aside from that, there's plenty of great emotional moments, a lot of the gags actually made me smile (though so far nothing got a real laugh out of me), and seeing Taiga deal with Ami's wretched behavior is pretty fun so far. I know this all culminates in... well, lets just say I already saw Super Eyepatch Wolf's "What Makes a Fight Scene Interesting" video and leave it at that. Suffice to say, I'm looking forward to that moment.

Oh. Never mind. It turns out that Taiga gets in a fight with Sumire, not Ami. SILLY ME! WHY WOULD I EVER GET THOSE TWO MIXED UP!?
Errinundra

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:18 pm Reply with quote
My favourite Taiga v Ami moment is their swimming race - especially Taiga's comment on the blocks. I'll leave it that. Enjoy!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 1005 of 1061