• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: World Trigger

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JacobC
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:51 am Reply with quote
ichii_1 wrote:
Bunch of ***** that don't know the difference between animation and art style Sad
Well, not like I except people like you to understand anyway.

If you didn't notice the improvement in quality this episode, you should get your head checked.

Heh heh heh. Does that gif look like the fake anime that people IN an anime would be watching to anybody else? Laughing

Poor World Trigger...
MetalHunter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:43 am Reply with quote
JesuOtaku wrote:
Heh heh heh. Does that gif look like the fake anime that people IN an anime would be watching to anybody else? Laughing

Poor World Trigger...

In terms of animation yeah I guess, but you see that sort of action in alot of stuff.

To me, as a manga reader World Trigger, should be the darkhorse of the season. If we assume Fate/Stay/Night is the winner (and Parasyte is second place) World Trigger at its best can go toe to toe with those two series, but because of Toeis adaptation well... the reviewer says it best.

On that note I like that she acknowledges Osamus heroic traits. All I've heard was that he was boring in his heroic-ness. It's a steady, slow, but ultimately satisfying climb toward greatness with this series.

Last edited by MetalHunter on Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:04 am; edited 1 time in total
GamerTimeUSA

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:57 pm Reply with quote
Give me 5 reasons why this anime is bad? Or is it all Toei's fault for ruining what could have been a good anime?
masajus

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:36 pm Reply with quote
I like this anime 10/10. i don't know why all of you hate or dislike this anime. But i can assume that people is getting more spoiled every year.
VanzZz

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:37 pm Reply with quote
GamerTimeUSA wrote:
Give me 5 reasons why this anime is bad? Or is it all Toei's fault for ruining what could have been a good anime?

100% toei's fault

just look at One Piece anime ffs
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:30 pm Reply with quote
GamerTimeUSA wrote:
Give me 5 reasons why this anime is bad?

I think there were more than 5 given in the last episode review alone.

Even though the animation has improved somewhat for the last couple of episodes, they still don't even have the basic perspective skills to show whether someone is walking beside someone or riding their ass. It's like they farmed this out to a high school animation class as a teaching exercise.

I'm sort of becoming duckface-blind as this progresses, and I honestly like Yuma's practical, cut-through-the-bullshit way of looking at things and dealing with people. Occasionally a glimmer of plot shows through. But things like the interminable silent shots of each board member - after they'd already been intro'd - before they could begin the meeting...well, I wish my bed had padding that thick.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:11 pm Reply with quote
They actually managed to ruin Jin? He's easily the most interesting side character of this series.

Then again, considering what else they've ruined with the budget, it shouldn't be surprising.
azabaro
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:19 am Reply with quote
People keep saying "budget", but I don't think the issue is a lack of money to pay for a decent adaptation of an up-and-coming Shonen Jump series. The problem is more likely that Toei is stretched too thin to focus on all the shows they're producing - I believe right now that lineup includes One Piece, Sailor Moon Crystal, Happiness Charge Precure, Dragonball Kai, Majin Bone, ...oh, and I guess World Trigger as well.

I think there were a couple of movies tying up studio resources (read: skilled production staff) as well, which meant that at least 1 show was going to be treated as the lowest-priority, do-what-you-can-with-it- assignment that gets shuffled around to anybody who has time to spare (I suspect that's actually happening to a number of their shows, and may explain some of the complaints fans have had about that show's animation as well).

Put another way - I've seen some of the sakuga folks on Twitter pointing out that Shirobako (a show that focuses on the ways anime production goes wrong) never really seems to hit on budget - as if a lack of money is almost never what goes wrong with a show. Lack of time and personnel (whether due to poor organization or just generally being overcommitted) seems a more likely culprit.
NJ_

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:31 am Reply with quote
azabaro wrote:
People keep saying "budget", but I don't think the issue is a lack of money to pay for a decent adaptation of an up-and-coming Shonen Jump series. The problem is more likely that Toei is stretched too thin to focus on all the shows they're producing - I believe right now that lineup includes One Piece, Sailor Moon Crystal, Happiness Charge Precure, Dragonball Kai, Majin Bone, ...oh, and I guess World Trigger as well.

You forgot Marvel Disk Wars: The Avengers.

As for Dragon Ball Kai, that's only for the ED animation (which took a turn for the worse with the latest video) so it shouldn't really count.
Admiral Pizzaman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:57 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
I'm sort of becoming duckface-blind as this progresses, and I honestly like Yuma's practical, cut-through-the-bullshit way of looking at things and dealing with people. Occasionally a glimmer of plot shows through. But things like the interminable silent shots of each board member - after they'd already been intro'd - before they could begin the meeting...well, I wish my bed had padding that thick.

You know,regarding this scene - I wish those guys just add an animation effect like colour change, sound effect similary to One Piece's "DON!!" in order to justified their silent shots as you said. It would have been completely different then.
HolyR

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:00 pm Reply with quote
WOW, that board member scene. I gotta say, that cracked me up more than anything I've seen this season.

I picked up the manga after I started watching this and it's good, the characters I feel are really well-developed and the series is pretty fun to read. As everyone's already said, this is just an incredibly poor adaptation.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:38 pm Reply with quote
This is the first time I've seen someone compare a Neighbor monster to Dialga. I never even thought about that, but then again, I'm guessing they look pretty different than they do in the manga.

I wonder if World Trigger's low priority as an anime is because unlike other Weekly Shonen Jump manga adaptations, World Trigger is towards the middle or lower middle rather than at or near the top like the others.
GamerTimeUSA

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:04 pm Reply with quote
I wish the reviewer wouldn't give this anime a hard time. Its Toei animation, what did you expect? You thought this anime would have Fate/Stay Night animation quality?

I look past the animation. I'm only in for the story.
whiskeyii

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:00 pm Reply with quote
GamerTimeUSA wrote:
I wish the reviewer wouldn't give this anime a hard time. Its Toei animation, what did you expect? You thought this anime would have Fate/Stay Night animation quality?

I look past the animation. I'm only in for the story.

Personally, I'd go read the manga (and scans, possibly). The art is better, and you still get the story.
Sir Daniel Fortesque

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:28 pm Reply with quote
Reviewer has such awful elitist attitude..
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5