• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Yowamushi Pedal Grande Road

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lossthief
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:59 pm Reply with quote
I really loved this finale. Season 2 has had some major issues with its pacing, but honestly the sheer elation of this entire episode made it all worth it. I don't know how much more there is of the manga that can be covered, but if they make a 3rd season I'll definitely be there!

Quick question, how did you get 73 episodes? Season 1 was 38, and season 1 is 24. Are there OVAs or something I'm missing?
CrowLia

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:07 pm Reply with quote
When I first started the show, I found Onoda charming and cute, but I was very wary that I would watch him come triumphant in the mandatory final competition atop all the other more talented and more experienced characters. I didn't want it to go that way because it was ridiculous and felt like a disservice to the other characters that have devoted so much to the sport.

60+ episodes later I could not be happier with the outcome. And I give this show all the kudos for making me eat my words. The series dragged beyond shame (18 episodes for ONE day of competition? That's challenging Captain Tsubasa's pace), but it still brought us satisfying character journeys for most of its really large cast. I can really appreciate a show that manages to make most of its cast -not just the protagonist and his friends, but also the antagonist team- so likable that it makes me sad to see them lose. I might even try to catch up with the manga now
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:21 pm Reply with quote
ok, I'll do the obligatory question, which chapter of the manga is the one that continues the anime ?
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:18 am Reply with quote
Woo hoo!! Very Happy What a great ending. I think Onoda being Onoda during the interview was perhaps my favorite part, followed by his dream coming true. Sooo sweet. (10? LOL!) My only disappointment was not getting to see Onoda and his mom afterward. That and I think they should have used the Hime song for the ED this time.

A lot of this season was like driving from Blythe to Phoenix on I-10, but it was definitely worth the trip!

Btw, who was the girl with the halo in the end card? I think she was wearing a Fushimi jersey.
lossthief
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:33 am Reply with quote
^I'm pretty sure that was Midousuji's mother. Which is a...bit of a grim joke to go out on, but kinda fitting for Midou's character.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:54 am Reply with quote
Oh, ok. She looked like a high school girl, not a 20- or 30-something, but it's anime. Smile
meepsheeps

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:58 pm Reply with quote
Great finale to wrap up a meh-season. I cried lots of tears when my fav team won!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5