• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Inuyasha: The Final Act to Air on Toonami

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Key

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:47 pm Reply with quote
Not surprised that this happened (with Final Act); only surprised that it took this long.

Wow, with Bleach coming to an end in a couple of weeks this almost feels like the end of an era. If I'm not mistaken, November 8th will mark the first time in more than 8 years that it's off the schedule.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ronin2081

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:48 pm Reply with quote
Nom De Plume De Fanboy wrote:

Right now I can't watch anything on a Turner channel because of the Turner/Dish network price spat, but that will probably be settled by the time this airs, so I might rewatch, depending on the time it airs.

It's going to air at 2am, eastern time. So depending on where you are in the US it could be 1am or earlier.
ParkerALx

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:52 pm Reply with quote
Good to see The Final Act come to Toonami. I haven't seen it yet, though my excitement is tempered by it seemingly cramming 20 volumes of the manga into 26 episodes. Can anyone comment on how successful it is at pulling this breakneck pace off?
TheMorry

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:57 pm Reply with quote
November 1st will be a sad day, the last episode of Bleach. Or will it be? I still hope the last arc will be adapted aswell when its done.
AnimeFan617
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:02 pm Reply with quote
Okay, I am confused: How is it that Hellsing Ultimate will reach it's finale on Nov. 8 when by that time, it will only be at Vol. 8? Didn't the Toonami crew verify that they will go to the end of the series, aka Vol. 10?

A clarification needs to be addressed here, FYI.
Barbobot

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:05 pm Reply with quote
AnimeFan617 wrote:
Okay, I am confused: How is it that Hellsing Ultimate will reach it's finale on Nov. 8 when by that time, it will only be at Vol. 8? Didn't the Toonami crew verify that they will go to the end of the series, aka Vol. 10?

Toonami said that they unfortunately are not able to air Vol 9 and 10 of Hellsing Ulltimate. For reasons.
Ronin2081

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:07 pm Reply with quote
AnimeFan617 wrote:

http://toonami.tumblr.com/post/100837368973/hellsing-announcement-apology

For some reason they won't be airing 9 and 10
FLCLGainax

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:08 pm Reply with quote
TV-MA for Inu-Yasha? Shocked I guess this means they can air Ranma now. Laughing

Last edited by FLCLGainax on Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
Ronin2081

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:10 pm Reply with quote
FLCLGainax wrote:
TV-MA for Inu-Yasha? Shocked I guess this means they can air Ranma now. Laughing

Lol, they've already said they will never air Ranma on this version of Toonami.
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:21 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
the-antihero wrote:
Sadly, InuYasha is not one of those highly recommended anime shows because fans of the big 3 tend to needlessly demean it. I think it's better than the big 3.

To me Inuyasha is a Very good anime, but I do not think it is better than Evangelion and Cowboy Bebop (I am assuming you consider Bebop and Eva as part of the big 3).

I think when people say 'big 3' they are generally referring to the largest ongoing shonen series: Naruto, Bleach, and One Piece (though Naruto will be done soon).
mdo7

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:16 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad Inuyasha: final act to get it's Toonami premiere. But sadly, I can't stay up to watch this. Crying or Very sad
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Hypeathon

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:23 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
Not surprised that this happened (with Final Act); only surprised that it took this long.

Wow, with Bleach coming to an end in a couple of weeks this almost feels like the end of an era. If I'm not mistaken, November 8th will mark the first time in more than 8 years that it's off the schedule.

If we're going with the phrase, "off schedule", then it might be actually seven years and not eight. I know Bleach first aired in September 2006, but remember how around the same time Death Note premiered, Bleach stopped airing new episodes of the Soul Society arc for roughly 5-6 months? Unless my memory is a little hazy, It might've been off-schedule without airing reruns for a little while back then and thus that would technically make seven years since it was last off-schedule.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:30 pm Reply with quote
ParkerALx wrote:
Good to see The Final Act come to Toonami. I haven't seen it yet, though my excitement is tempered by it seemingly cramming 20 volumes of the manga into 26 episodes. Can anyone comment on how successful it is at pulling this breakneck pace off?

I read the last 20 volumes of the manga, and I think The Final Act did a good job adapting them. The anime episodes have a fast pace, but they did not feel rushed. I am satisfied with how The Final Act concluded the story.

SilverTalon01 wrote:
I think when people say 'big 3' they are generally referring to the largest ongoing shonen series: Naruto, Bleach, and One Piece (though Naruto will be done soon).

If that is the case, then I agree with the-antihero; Inuyasha is a better anime (in overall quality) than Naruto, Bleach and One Piece.
theNightster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:34 pm Reply with quote
TheMorry wrote:
November 1st will be a sad day, the last episode of Bleach. Or will it be? I still hope the last arc will be adapted aswell when its done.

I hope for that as well but sadly I think it's only bitter hope seeing that Bleach isn't as big of a tycoon in Japan anymore. while it's not completely unpopular now but it does mean that it's only a 50% chance it'll make a comeback, hopfully when the Naruto anime finishes maybe pierrot will think to bring back the other big shonen series that they had to give it a proper ending but I'm not holding my breath.
theNightster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:40 pm Reply with quote
FLCLGainax wrote:

Ranma may be a harder one to air since it has a lot of nudity. plus I think that they have stated that shows older than the early 2000s don't have a chance to make it on the block
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4