• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Licences Brynhildr in the Darkness Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IanRootBeerDubber

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:44 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
Blood- wrote:
For some strange reason, I thought Sentai already had this title.

Me too. I hope Sentai picks more stuff from 2013. I would buy Gingitsune, Strike the Blood, and maybe Galilei Donna.

I was leaning on the possibility that it would be either Sentai Filmworks or Funimation licensing this title. I may have felt that Sentai Filmworks was more likely to license this title. As for Gingitsune, that one will probably go to Ponycan USA.

Strike the Blood - It feels like Sentai Filmworks could be ones licensing that title.

Finally, even though its been a year since it premiered, Galilei Donna will probably end up being licensed by Aniplex of America, since Aniplex was one of the production companies involved.
configspace

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:58 pm Reply with quote
gedata wrote:
Guh, this tripe. Wonder if it has the OVA though

Yes, I want to get it, but I'm holding off on pre-ordering or buying it until the status of the episode 11.5 OVA that was included in the Japanese release (not standalone) is confirmed
Ali07

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:07 pm Reply with quote
Why is the OVA a clincher? From what I know spoiler[it's all just a dream that Kazumi has where the girls have a competition to become Ryouta's wife]. Doesn't sound like something that is a must have. If it is meant to be 11.5, it doesn't really fit chronologically.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:57 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
Really not surprised that they're releasing it, give that their predecessor ADV had Elfen Lied and this series is clearly trying to ape that one. Too bad the narrative on this goes wonky at times, especially in the late stages.

I was thinking the same thing.
The Coffee God

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:44 pm Reply with quote
IanRootBeerDubber wrote:

As for Gingitsune, that one will probably go to Ponycan USA.

Not likely, since it's a TV Tokyo title.
And being a TV Tokyo title, going by the licensing trends, it's still probably got a little under a year before it will become available to license if anyone still wants it.
Keep in mind, Sentai still hasn't licensed TWGOK: Goddesses Arc (Summer 2013) saying "they're on the hunt for it" and the most recent TV Tokyo titles Sentai announced was Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse & The Ambition of Oda Nobuna (Summer 2012). Gingitsune is from Fall 2013, so we probably still got a ways to go yet before this pops up as a license for someone.

Quote:
Strike the Blood - It feels like Sentai Filmworks could be ones licensing that title.

This I'll probably agree with though, since it is a Showgate title (along with Arpeggio of Blue Steel from the same season).
And actually, these two surprise me the most that Sentai hasn't licensed them yet, since Showgate is one of their "go to" international licensing companies.

Quote:
Finally, even though its been a year since it premiered, Galilei Donna will probably end up being licensed by Aniplex of America, since Aniplex was one of the production companies involved.

This is also not very likely, since AoJ doesn't hold the international license for it. It's a Fuji Creative title and AoA only deals with titles that AoJ holds the international licensing rights for (save for Bakemonogatari, which is a very unique case, since that was the only Monogatari title that AoJ didn't have the international licensing rights for).
configspace

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:05 am Reply with quote
Ali07 wrote:
Why is the OVA a clincher? From what I know spoiler[it's all just a dream that Kazumi has where the girls have a competition to become Ryouta's wife]. Doesn't sound like something that is a must have. If it is meant to be 11.5, it doesn't really fit chronologically.

No, that's a must have for me Wink
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2