• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sega to Release Valkyria Chronicles Tactical RPG on PC

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:12 am Reply with quote
SilverTalon01 wrote:

The gameplay changes for VC2 were great as far as class balance. The significantly smaller maps was a definite minus. Also the story in VC2 is way, way worse. Its like you take the awesomeness VC had and then merge it with a generic high school anime setting...

I really hope they port VC3, I heard that was great. I honestly would have imported it except my psp is a go which means syncing to a jp psn account which means I have to delete all my other games which is a huge hassle.

It's more like the plot took all the problems the first game had and not only neglected to fix them, but made them outright worse. It also doesn't help that Avan is the WORST protagonist in the entire series, often making stupid decisions and generally being a moron. It's a far cry from Welkin and Kurt who were eccentric, but also intellectual as they were supposed to be tacticians.
Fishmoose

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:46 am Reply with quote
Oh, cool! I already have it on PS3 and probably prefer playing on console anyway, but increased availability is always good. Smile
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:08 am Reply with quote
Running Wild wrote:
That's great Sega, now bring some more games to PC, like Shenmue and Virtua Fighter.

What about the panzer dragoon, shining force or phantasy star online series as well??
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Bloodgod

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:28 pm Reply with quote
Having sunk countless hours in all three games, the first is by far the best. I'm curious if there will be any changes, add-ons or improvements on this version.

I feel like the series was made for me personally, so I'm kinda bias, but the sequels are still great games too. The class changes/balances in 2 and 3 were welcome. The smaller battles in both make up for their lack of the epic feel of those in the first with more options for tricky and tactical combat.

If anyone wants to play the third game, you should check out the fan translation if you have not already: http://vc3translationproject.wordpress.com/

It's not perfect, and I'm pretty sure abandoned, but I made it through the whole game without much issue.

The game itself is better than the second, although the post game is much shorter. The graphics are surprisingly better than those in 2 as well.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:34 pm Reply with quote
Valkyria Chronicles 3 please.
hurafloyd

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:02 am Reply with quote
Barbobot wrote:
Ooooh, if this leads to them adding Valkyria Chronicales II and III to the PC then this is good news. Loved the first game, but I've never owned a PSP/Vita so I could never play VC II and of course III never made it stateside.

VC2 was not a bad game with the class improvements and the "classing up" system BUT... that school life anime setting with a little bit of socializing touch just made it fall off the mark of a good game, also from my point of view I hate farm fests (if you manage to play the game or read a review you'll get what I mean) I just finished the story mode of the game because I loved VC and wanted to keep track of it (finished it 3 times, both anime and game).

A shame VC3 never came out on western consoles...
Chrno2

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:13 pm Reply with quote
Good news, but it would have been nice to have a combo for 2 and 3 for PS3. Man I need to revisit this game. I was just thinking about this game sometime last week. I miss this game.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2