• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Hideaki Anno Voices His Concerns About the Anime Industry

Goto page Previous  

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shippoyasha

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:25 pm Reply with quote
Anno is like a broken record here. It's been the same talking point for a decade. Sure, there could be more original anime projects, but it really has always been this eay to varying degrees. And a lot of adaptations have had an interesting take on the original as well. I think the high cost of anime production is its inherent flaw as a medium, but it is surprising how the industry has moved forward despite that. It would help if there is a resurgence of world interest and I feel that is starting to happen with the popularity of streaming services.

Still, there are still 5 or 6 very interesting projects per season (I'd say a good 15-20 shows are very serviceable and entertaining per season) with at least 5 shows with huge budgets. It's still pretty encouraging in that regard.

While the industry can be more robust and all, saying the industry is in serious jeopardy is a bit much.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 11 of 11