• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Food Wars: Shokugeki no Soma Anime's 1st Visual Unveiled

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaxSouth

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:10 pm Reply with quote
Hoppy800 wrote:
enurtsol wrote:
darkchibi07 wrote:

This is not going to have the girls being relegated to only second best compared to the guys in cooking, right?

Cooking is what girls do best. Very Happy

I can cook better than every woman I know personally.

No wonder, you are girl (if the avatar is right).

By the way, is this a tournament type of manga?

Because if I remember some reviewers (like Carl) hate shonen tournaments shows. Though if they are good, I do not agree at all.
Somewhere

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:41 pm Reply with quote
It's a series that follows the battle story structure. It's towards the end of the only major tournament arc so far right now, actually.
Which brings up the interesting question of stopping points for the anime. The tournament itself starts at somewhere around ch 50 (and we're at ~92 chapters now), with the leadup to it starting at ch 39, I'd say.
If this 1st season of the anime is 12-13 eps, I'd guess that it'd end at 39, or 1 arc before at ch 34.
20-26 eps? Shoot for ~2 ch an ep and end right as the major tournament starts is one way to do it. Then s2 would probably be dedicated to the tournament proper.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2