• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bakemonogatari's NisiOisin Writes 9 Manga One-Shots in 4 Months

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:40 pm Reply with quote
Cool, looking forward to these. I wonder if one of them will be serialized for a full series though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:06 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Cool, looking forward to these. I wonder if one of them will be serialized for a full series though.

The author could also be just spitballing as a hobby between writing the Monogatari light novels
relyat08

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:29 pm Reply with quote
Good god, does this guy have a death wish, or is he just a workaholic? I remember hearing something about him writing the light novels for all of Katanagatari in one month each, so either could be likely.

All of them do sound interesting, at least. Maybe one will get serialized and eventually be animated. I've been impressed with NisiOisin's work so far!
Kreion

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:41 pm Reply with quote
relyat08 wrote:
Good god, does this guy have a death wish, or is he just a workaholic? I remember hearing something about him writing the light novels for all of Katanagatari in one month each, so either could be likely.

All of them do sound interesting, at least. Maybe one will get serialized and eventually be animated. I've been impressed with NisiOisin's work so far!

I imagine it'll come down to whichever one he likes the most, since I imagine all of them will be good! I could never say what his next work will be, but knowing him it's probably going to be something where he can play with metaphors and/or break the 4th wall a lot.
Usagi-kun

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:42 pm Reply with quote
Impressive list. Interesting concept, except for the 'Sweat' one. Might wait for a review on that one first. I don't want to judge the story solely on the vernacular, but that's honestly my first impression.
Darstorm-Sandude

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:31 pm Reply with quote
Usagi-kun wrote:
Interesting concept, except for the 'Sweat' one. Might wait for a review on that one first

Reading 23-73 manga pages isn't long of a task. I doubt sweat is gonna make that task any harder. I'm predicting 34+ pages for that one-shot.

DAYUM he gives zero fucks spitting out one-shots like that. He be making Shueisha his bitch; serializing 9 one-shots in less than three months. They probably all skipped over that application process depicted in Bakuman just off of NisiOisin's reputation.
Ali07

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:06 am Reply with quote
Darstorm-Sandude wrote:
Usagi-kun wrote:
Interesting concept, except for the 'Sweat' one. Might wait for a review on that one first

Reading 23-73 manga pages isn't long of a task. I doubt sweat is gonna make that task any harder.

In this day and age, with so much available to us, there's a feeling of wasting time when you check out something that you're not sure you'll enjoy. Especially when there's so many things out there, that you're sure you'll enjoy, ready to be consumed.

Can't blame someone wanting to see reviews for a short story before deciding if they'll check it out themselves.

As for me, the offside one sounds interesting. As a massive fan of football (AKA soccer), the offside rule is one that had lead to (too) many conversations. Laughing
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:18 pm Reply with quote
"Until What Will You Keep Killing" sounds like a cool idea just based off of the title.

Quote:
"Musume Iri-Bako" (Girl in a Box)
Artist: Akira Akatsuki (Medaka Box)
Theme Word: Cardboard box (on a certain rainy day)
Release Date: November 1 (Weekly Shonen Jump)

I've seen some great adult short films based on this concept as well.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1