• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Crunchyroll Day-Passes up for grabs.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuelLadyS

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:16 am Reply with quote
A Mystery wrote:

I also have a question for non-members happily using the guest passes, out of interest. Is there a reason you aren't a paying member? (Maybe you aren't bothered too much by the advertisements and longer waiting for episodes, maybe you're broke, maybe you only follow one series etc.)

I actually just cancelled my 2-month old paid membership. My work situation is about to change drastically... I'm either going to get a promotion, a pay raise, and a bump to full time (but a lot more responsibility), or a demotion with a pay and hour cut (but a little less responsibility.) I'm preparing for the worst. I liked the paid membership just fine, but considering how little I use streaming (I didn't visit crunchyroll at all in that second paid month), it didn't seem like a good expense to keep up. Especially considering how badly the streaming app runs on my phone, which was a big reason for having the paid membership.
Unicorn_Blade

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:26 pm Reply with quote
A Mystery wrote:

I also have a question for non-members happily using the guest passes, out of interest. Is there a reason you aren't a paying member? (Maybe you aren't bothered too much by the advertisements and longer waiting for episodes, maybe you're broke, maybe you only follow one series etc.)

I am not bothered by the commercials and I am not bothered to wait for an episode a week after it has been aired. And I am already paying membership on a few different sites- a few dollars here, a few there, and to be honest, it amounts to a bigger sum all in all, so I try to minimise the amount of money I am spending online.
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:17 pm Reply with quote
A Mystery wrote:

Haven't grabbed any of the passes, although once the summer shows start I might take one, and mostly it's because I'm not that bothered by having to wait a week and sit through commercials for a show. There are already a lot of things I want to buy on DVD so I like being able to save up money for those series and try out ones I'm not so sure about.
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:46 pm Reply with quote
My reason for not buying CR membership would be the lack of a debit/credit card. I don't want to ask my parents to use theirs so I'm patiently waiting for my dad to help me set up one. Otherwise, I would happily pay for CR and TAN membership.
TatsuGero23

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:09 pm Reply with quote
Question: What quality streams do you guys get with free views? Just the smaller SD window like youtube right? But I understand alot of the people who don't do a membership. I could wait a week for a show and have no problems with commericals. But since it's really the only online paying membership I have, I'm okay with paying for it. Plus you get a backlog of anime series.
A Mystery

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:14 am Reply with quote
Thanks for the replies! I can imagine there's a lot of reasons not to purchase a membership, but it's fun to read al these diverse responses.

I do watch a lot of anime on Crunchyroll and it's the only legal streaming site available for a lot of countries (hurray!), like where I live, the Netherlands. I've always been that evil fan searching on the internet for free anime, but trying to change and actually support the industry, I took the membership. It's a start.

*compares 720P to SD* hm, SD does seem to be a lil bit blurry. I usually don't notice or care about it. As long as everything's moving smoothly, I'm happy. Don't own a high definition flatscreen tv or whatever's big and best right now either. I still have a fat tv Very Happy
jacksonart55

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:23 am Reply with quote
Thanks a bundle for this! I was going to do the free trial, but I was afraid I would forget to cancel it and they would charge my debit card for money I don't have (I'm in high school and unemployed, so yeah, I'm broke). And it's too much of a hassle trying to explain it to my parents. -_-

I want to use Crunchyroll as much as possible, but when I use the sites, video playback problems often plague my computer. I want to use it more though, because I want to watch anime legally. Even if it doesn't really help that much, I feel a bit better inside.
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:02 pm Reply with quote
This pass might work for a day or two, I grabbed one of the passes from earlier in the thread and it looks like that reactivated an old one I still had from the last time I had a membership.

USED

Last edited by wandering-dreamer on Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:57 am Reply with quote
A Mystery

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:57 am Reply with quote
http://www.crunchyroll.com/guest_pass?code=7EQ37WPS - USED
There you go.

Last edited by A Mystery on Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:24 pm Reply with quote
eta: all passes used.

Last edited by Blood- on Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:45 am; edited 2 times in total
grooveygirl

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:31 pm Reply with quote
Might as well post mine here since no one I know watches anime:

And their gone. Will post again as soon as I get a new one.

Wish I had known about this thread sooner.

Last edited by grooveygirl on Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:00 am; edited 4 times in total
kimbeey13

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:35 am Reply with quote
Thank you Blood-, I used the first one! I've been wanting to try out Crunchyroll for a while now.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:51 am Reply with quote
You're quite welcome, kimbeey13 - thanks for letting me know. If nobody grabs the other one by the time your pass is used up and you want more time, please feel free to grab it, too.

New pass up for grabs:

http://www.crunchyroll.com/guest_pass?code=V277B8LK
silencer226

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:02 pm Reply with quote
Got a new pass if anyone wants it.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/guest_pass?code=P0CUO6AG
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 2 of 36