• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What do you read your manga on?

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
milcor1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:17 pm Reply with quote
We all love to read manga, but where do you do most of your manga reading?

A chair?
Couch?
Bed?
On a pile of manga?

For me personally ever since I got my sumo bean bag, it's where I've been doing all my reading. God bless my pampered ass.

http://www.sumolounge.com/omni.shtml
unhealthyman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:24 pm Reply with quote
The toilet?

I also read it while I am in the library at uni trying to do some work. The perfect crime - 'I'm going to the library to do work! (or maybe read eden in some quiet corner Twisted Evil )'

Otherwise it's often on a chair or sofa in front of the TV.
Duo Maxwell

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:16 pm Reply with quote
unhealthyman wrote:
The toilet?

Ahh, yes. Me and the John go way back, be it disgusting as it is. Other than that, a nice quiet place where I can fixate into such a position where I can just grind a few chapters is good too.
jgreen

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:17 pm Reply with quote
I usually read mine on the couch. I dunno why, but I've never gotten into reading comics on the john, although I've read MANY an issue of Animerica while seated on the throne.

CARDS WIN!!!!!!! Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
LilacShadow

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 12:31 am Reply with quote
That bean bag looks so comfy! If I had enough money and room for one of those, I think I'd buy one. ^^; (I have a leopard print chair shaped like a shoe that takes up a bunch of space in my room though. It looks cool, but I don't think it's nearly as comfy as that bean bag.)

Anyway, I usually just sit on my bed and read manga, or sometimes I go outside and read (if it's noisy inside or something). I haven't been going outside lately since it's been so cold and rainy though. I hate cold and rainy weather. Mad

I don't think I could ever read while on the toilet, and I don't know why anyone would want to. There is something that just seems wrong and weird about that. But one of my cats, Justin, has often been sleeping on the toilet, so I guess it couldn't be any weirder than that... o_O;
fighterholic

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 2:32 am Reply with quote
Ahha. 85% of my manga reading is done on my bed. The 15% that's left would be either in my car or somewhere at school. When it's in my bed however, it can go for a long time. 5 hours has been my longest time just reading manga.
Wolverine Princess

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 2:42 am Reply with quote
Lately I've been doing most of my manga reading during lunch at school. The library is tied for second place with my room. I usually read in my room during the night since I'm way too busy doing homework (*cough*farting around on the computer *cough*) during the day.
MorwenLaicoriel

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:14 am Reply with quote
On my bed, mostly. Although I also read on the toilet. Anime hyper Back when I road the bus I would read manga on there, as well. Occationally I'll read manga between classes, but these days I'm lazy enough that I'm often hurriedly finishing up assignments before class.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 4:33 am Reply with quote
I do most of my reading on my bed, or on the couch in front of the TV. Because those are the only places to really sit and relax in my house.
aya_honda

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 12:33 pm Reply with quote
Like many people here I read most of my mangas in bed, since it is the most comfortable place in my room. I can spend hours in this place if I like the mangas that I have purchased.
On the other hand when I'm obssessed by one of the stories (and it happens quite often) I carry them in my bag and read them when I can: at school, at the library (and I have that guilty conscience face Embarassed ) and even in the bus.. (sadly, I am a terible driver and my parents thought to be a service for the human kind if they didn't buy me a car Sad )
Buster Blader 126

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 12:57 pm Reply with quote
Place-wise, at school (sometimes even during class Anime hyper) & at home. I also take my manga to restaurants and such to read while the food is being prepared.

I also read my manga on my computer chair & the toilet. Razz
SharinganEyes92

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:12 pm Reply with quote
Hmm, well I read my manga all over the house, and really no where else. I read it in my computer chair when I'm reading some weekly Naruto scans, in my bed if I'm really tired, in the kitchen if I want to eat while reading, and on the toilet if I just want to sit there and get some time to myself (I end up sitting in there for about 40 minutes sometimes because I'm just reading manga Laughing ). I also read it in the car sometimes if it's still light out and I don't want to put the book down. I've also read manga on my phone when Tokyopop (I believe it was) was offering manga on cell-phones. I forget which series though, and it was only for about 20 minutes when my brother and I were locked out of our house and just spent an hour in the car until I managed to find a way to break in.
TestamentSaki

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:30 pm Reply with quote
It depends where I am. Probably I'll read it on my PC, sitting down on the bench of my piano (comfy, believe it or not), and if not, laying flat on my belly on my bed.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
HellKorn

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:41 pm Reply with quote
I don't have a specific "reading spot," though I usually go with our couch in the living room. Since I've given up on my bed to sleep on the aforementioned couch nowadays (not the smartest move, but whatever), it just feels natural to read anything there, manga, comics, novel, newspaper, magazine, etc. Of course, all of this is dependent on actually physically having the book so if we're talking about those naughty, illegal, but still appealing scans...

And, uh, I can't recall ever reading absolutely anything on the crapper, let alone manga. Too much of a chance and I'd rather not want to relax too much.
Someone_II

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:31 pm Reply with quote
fighterholic wrote:
5 hours has been my longest time just reading manga.
I could never do that. Manga fan or not, I'd be asleep after 3.

As for me? Wherever there is a good manga (and, if possible, somewhere to rest my ass).
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7