• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Expelled From Paradise Film's Trailer English-Subtitled

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bobob101

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:49 am Reply with quote
This all CG film doesn't look to bad, so why not. If it gets a theatrical release I am all for that. It probably won't, but it still looks neat.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:20 pm Reply with quote
I'm looking forward to this movie.
Kaioshin_Sama

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:35 pm Reply with quote
This looks pretty bad, but then again it's hard to tell much from all the cryptic dialogue and kind of awkward CGI being thrown at the screen. It's probably trying to hide some token mean-spirited ironic twist of fate that is sure to have people talking after the movie is all said and done and this being Urobuchi will probably lack any emotional resonance or characters with defining traits beyond the philosophical idea they are meant to represent. Ho-hum....anime trundles on in it's creative rut relying on a guy that doesn't seem to even remotely understand how people and thus characters are supposed to work to pass for what is supposed to be top tier writing.
relyat08

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:17 pm Reply with quote
bobob101 wrote:
This all CG film doesn't look to bad, so why not. If it gets a theatrical release I am all for that. It probably won't, but it still looks neat.

A Western theatrical release? I wasn't even expecting to get it licensed out here.

I'm not too big on CG, but this doesn't look too bad as far as that stuff goes. I'll put up with it as long as the story is worth it.
shiranehito

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:15 pm Reply with quote
Not a fan of CG-styled anime but it's quite okay I guess... If it's good enough to be a grand hit in the original country perhaps we can get theatrical release in other country too.
AwaysAnnoyed

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:25 am Reply with quote
That voice at the end, the 'frontier setter', that was Hiroshi Kamiya, right? Tell me it was him!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1