• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Naruto Manga Mini-Series Launches After Main Series Ends

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigivel

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:14 pm Reply with quote
^ Haku no Hana and Sankarea are from the same magazine as Attack on Titan, and just like it, started at the same time as the Magazine.

They aren't from the same magazine as Fairy Tail!

Fairy Tail is from "Weekly Shonen Magazine", the 2nd most popular magazine and biggest rival of Weekly Shonen Jump. The magazine has a circulation of 1.27 Million copies per week. Less than Half of Weekly Shonen Jump Circulation(2.7 Million).

Attack on Titan, Haku no Hana and Sankarea are from "Bessastsu Shonen Magazine", a monthly mangazine, that right now as a circulation of 137k copies per week, This current circulation is mainly due to Attack on Titan popularity. The magazine before the huge popularity of Attack on Titan Anime had a circulation of around 50k copies per week.

And No, this magazine is not Kodansha Monthly Shonen Magazine rival to Jump Square(293k circulation). That is Monthly Shonen Magazine(628k) that has titles like Noragami, Rin, Pumpkin Scissors, ... Before it also had Beck and Capeta and a lot others.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:07 pm Reply with quote
Watch as the shipping wars infest this thread Laughing

me_barron wrote:
There can be only one... and that one is apparently referring to One Piece. Who would have thunk it Razz Anyway, Naruto as a papa. Don't know how to feel about this (because that kid in the silhouette is so obviously gonna be his kid). Interested in who the mama is, though. Bet it's Sasuke. I mean, there are a lot of war orphans looking for a good home (obviously haven't read the manga, but don't think they're going to pull an "everyone lives and thos killed are resurrected" BS ending... again).

And I like your theory Laughing
abyss123

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:47 pm Reply with quote
bigivel wrote:
^ Haku no Hana and Sankarea are from the same magazine as Attack on Titan, and just like it, started at the same time as the Magazine.

They aren't from the same magazine as Fairy Tail!

Fairy Tail is from "Weekly Shonen Magazine", the 2nd most popular magazine and biggest rival of Weekly Shonen Jump. The magazine has a circulation of 1.27 Million copies per week. Less than Half of Weekly Shonen Jump Circulation(2.7 Million).

Attack on Titan, Haku no Hana and Sankarea are from "Bessastsu Shonen Magazine", a monthly mangazine, that right now as a circulation of 137k copies per week, This current circulation is mainly due to Attack on Titan popularity. The magazine before the huge popularity of Attack on Titan Anime had a circulation of around 50k copies per week.

And No, this magazine is not Kodansha Monthly Shonen Magazine rival to Jump Square(293k circulation). That is Monthly Shonen Magazine(628k) that has titles like Noragami, Rin, Pumpkin Scissors, ... Before it also had Beck and Capeta and a lot others.

Thnx. Always good to learn new things.
theNightster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:37 pm Reply with quote
meeedoooz wrote:
the series is a joke ? i can understand if you say that to you it isn't what it once was, but declaring it a joke is in fact identifying yourself as a troll Laughing

this site is awesome " even though i get most of my news elsewhere, but its troll infested forum is disgusting

trolling was all according to my plan [/img]
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:04 pm Reply with quote
From the pages I've seen, I get pretty much what happens. Sure, two of my own pairings didn't come true (spoiler[NejiTen, ShikaIno]), but I feel it was a satisfactory ending. Naruto is a story of bonds, and it ended as one. As a long-time fan (been reading since 5th grade, now a senior in college), I am very happy at this happy ending that we've been waiting for for so long. Not everyone was going to be happy about every single thing, but it was completed in the best way it could. Just because your pairing doesn't come true doesn't make a final chapter "garbage."

THINK OF THE CHOUJI X SAKURA FANS!! They must be rioting on the streets!
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:06 pm Reply with quote
How is an ending where the villain gets everything he wants and the hero's effort is shown to be pointless a happy ending?

To quote MST3K - We hope you enjoyed "No moral theater."
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:51 pm Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:
There are spoilers going around which seem to confirm the worst possible ending. If they're wrong, I will be very happy. But so far they seem legitimate.

They've been confirmed to be fake.
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:51 pm Reply with quote
TsukasaElkKite wrote:
Beatdigga wrote:
There are spoilers going around which seem to confirm the worst possible ending. If they're wrong, I will be very happy. But so far they seem legitimate.

Good, because Fat Anko makes me sad.
infamoustakai

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:20 am Reply with quote
TsukasaElkKite wrote:
Beatdigga wrote:

Not calling you out as a liar or anything, but where did you hear that all these colored pages were fake? I'm praying that they are. Because this is by far the worst possible scenario for everything. Even the designs of the children look laughably fake.
Ali07

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:58 am Reply with quote
residentgrigo wrote:
So the milking has begun. And earliern then expected. Cut off one head and 2(or 20) will follow. Nice tip Beatdigga. Here is the rumour: http://kotaku.com/rumored-naruto-leak-might-spoil-the-upcoming-movie-1654873952

If that is real...I'm happy. Laughing
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:54 am Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:
How is an ending where the villain gets everything he wants and the hero's effort is shown to be pointless a happy ending?

The series has ALWAYS been bad with any sort of moral message or aesop, hasn't it? Even when the series was undeniably good, Kishimoto could never be consistent. Worst was with Neji where Naruto accidentally proved the moral that hard work beats talent wrong by Naruto having to use the fox. Seriously Kishimoto, if you're going to try and put moral themes into a series, BACK THEM UP, don't have the character SAY one thing and then do another. Actions will always trump pretty words.
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:05 am Reply with quote
AiddonValentine wrote:
Beatdigga wrote:

The series has ALWAYS been bad with any sort of moral message or aesop, hasn't it? Even when the series was undeniably good, Kishimoto could never be consistent. Worst was with Neji where Naruto accidentally proved the moral that hard work beats talent wrong by Naruto having to use the fox. Seriously Kishimoto, if you're going to try and put moral themes into a series, BACK THEM UP, don't have the character SAY one thing and then do another. Actions will always trump pretty words.

This. So much this.

I just regret spending so much time reading the series, and not say, anything else.
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:13 pm Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:

This. So much this.

I just regret spending so much time reading the series, and not say, anything else.

I didn't regret spending time with the series when it was good. Up to the time skip everything was fine, but after the CONSTANT Sasuke shilling, the attempts to make villains "sympathetic" that only made gigantic plot holes, and the contradictory messages that were never resolved I just stopped caring. I think the thing I always found weird was how it seemed like there was a second writer. At times, characters would blatantly spell out "This is kinda stupid", like there was someone trying to make Kishimoto take a hint, one that he obviously never noticed. It kinda started reading like its own fanfiction. There's a good story IN there, but basically everything in Shippuden would have to be completely rewritten since too much of it is such a mess. At this point I'm wondering if someone is going to do a RedLetterMedia-esque Plinkett analysis of the whole series to show why it doesn't work.
shadowsythe13

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:48 pm Reply with quote
ruto finally ended sort of...but it sad to hear that i been reading it since 9 years. I'm happy naruto and hinata got together had two wonderful children and same with other characters who had kids too. It is disappointing naruto ended, soon bleach and fairy tail someday it will end. I wish there will be a new battle shonen series that i can get into because it is sad there aren't any mangas i like to read except a few that i read. Only mangas i'm currently reading bleach, seven deadly sins, fairy tail, attack on titan, and blue exorcist thats all. I don't like one piece manga except the anime thats okay, magi, hunterxhunter, toriko, one punch man, and many others that i dont like. Mangas and anime that i like to read and watch is Naruto, bleach, seven deadly sins, attack on titan, fairy tail, blue exorcist, blazerdrive, 666satan/o parts hunter, dragon ball z, black cat, flame of recca, psyren, hitman reborn, deadman wonderland, full metal alchemist, claymore, hungry joker, highschool of the dead, busou renkin, Inuyasha, yuyu hakusho, school rumble, hellsing, rave master, d dray man, beet the vandal buster, soul eater, berserk, grantz, air gear, medaka box, gurren laggan, trigun. I really want to battle shonen series that has male or female protagonist with love interest, best friend, cool character, that has colorful characters with likable villains with long story arcs could maybe be popular enough to get 50 or 100 episode anime with movies and games thats all 
A5J4DX

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:51 pm Reply with quote
Wow today is the end of Naruto...thank you so much Masashi Kishimoto for this masterpiece that has an impact on my life! I shall miss it! x
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4