• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: One Piece Manga Sends Off Naruto With a Classy Secret Message

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Minami-Asakura

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:24 pm Reply with quote
At least in the end spoiler[Naruto does not endup with that bitch of Sakura]

spoiler[Hinata x Naruto] was a good ending for this manga and was nice to see spoiler[their children].

Last edited by Minami-Asakura on Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Second Fire Shadow

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:18 pm Reply with quote
As I look back at the 15 years Naruto has been in existence, I have to admit it has been one hell of journey. We've had a lot of high moments and lot of low moments. Moments that have made me shed a tear, crack a grin or get very pissed. While my feeling to the manga ending may be overall indifferent due to how awful the manga transitioned in the last 3-4 years, I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy the hell out of Naruto prior to the that. From watching the anime fist on Toonami, to reading the manga in my school library, to reading the manga online, I don't regret a single moment of time I wasted on you Naruto. You married the right girl, had some kids and finally became Hokage, and while that doesn't negate the awfulness that I saw prior to that, it does give me a sense of closure, because in the end, your dream did come true.

It's the end of Naruto. It's the end of adventures of The Number One Hyperactive Knucklehead Ninja. It's the end of an era.

Goodbye, Naruto Uzumaki.

I will miss you.

Believe it!! Smile
Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:30 pm Reply with quote
Oda always making great art pieces. Kishimoto should have wrapped it up years ago. Now we need a Kai ver of the anime.
Minami-Asakura

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:25 pm Reply with quote
Shadowrun20XX wrote:
Oda always making great art pieces. Kishimoto should have wrapped it up years ago. Now we need a Kai ver of the anime.

Even then the quality of the anime after the time skip greatly decreases, so even if you get it without the fillers it wont change much its reality. Naruto should have ended years ago, it overstayed its welcome but good that it finally ended.

As western support will probably remain strong (Naruto for todays teens in USA, and few select part sof the world, mean what Dragon Ball worldwide and Saint Seiya in Latin America and Europe are) I can see this is not the death no naruto just yet. There coould be more movies and I do see a kai in eventually that will take out all the retarded fillers.
_Darkblondie_

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:13 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Even then the quality of the anime after the time skip greatly decreases, so even if you get it without the fillers it wont change much its reality.

I enjoyed the anime from begining till the end of Pain invasion arc Part 1 and Part 2 (Shippuden) equally awesome till that point imo. But I agree after that it wasn't as great as it used to be
Jajanken

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:48 pm Reply with quote
Very cool.
Wandering Samurai

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:08 pm Reply with quote
This just goes to show how much Oda proves he is a class act. He has tributes for many people over the years and despite having to compete with Naruto as one of the big 3, he paid a fitting tribute to the series. Here's hoping that he may do the same with Bleach, that series is about done too.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dtm42

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:34 pm Reply with quote
skafreak51 wrote:
Also, I don't know if it was stated here, but NARUTO= NA(mi,) RU(ffy,) and TO(ny Tony Chopper.) The 3 characters on the page make out his name.

Ah, nice catch.
Minami-Asakura

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:07 pm Reply with quote
Wandering Samurai wrote:
This just goes to show how much Oda proves he is a class act. He has tributes for many people over the years and despite having to compete with Naruto as one of the big 3, he paid a fitting tribute to the series. Here's hoping that he may do the same with Bleach, that series is about done too.

This "big 3" you speak up only existed in the perspective of westerners, specifically fans from the USA. Naruto and much less bleach were never really competition for One Piece in their Homeland: Japan, neither in terms of manga sales nor tv ratings.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:05 am Reply with quote
I've got something in my eye :')
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:14 am Reply with quote
skafreak51 wrote:
Also, I don't know if it was stated here, but NARUTO= NA(mi,) RU(ffy,) and TO(ny Tony Chopper.) The 3 characters on the page make out his name.

Oh wow. That is incredibly clever and I never even noticed it.

No Sanji though? This is a food-based setting, and Sanji's name was originally going to be "Naruto."
DeConTras

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:41 pm Reply with quote
Minami-Asakura wrote:
Wandering Samurai wrote:

This "big 3" you speak up only existed in the perspective of westerners, specifically fans from the USA. Naruto and much less bleach were never really competition for One Piece in their Homeland: Japan, neither in terms of manga sales nor tv ratings.

There is NO competition between them. The sales and TV ratings are just stats. I love One Piece and hate it when people think Oda and Kishimoto are competing. They both actually talk to each other frequently and are even buds and no it's not Frenemies, just friends.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:01 pm Reply with quote
Sorry but we generally frown upon necroposting here. Especially when you're quoting people in a thread almost 2 years old. So I'm going to lock this up. Please see our rules on necroposting. Thank you.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2