• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Naruto Gets Special Before The Last -Naruto the Movie- Opens

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:02 pm Reply with quote
Oh, so a little story about the Hyuga clan? I'm kinda curious to see this special now.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
IanRootBeerDubber

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:23 pm Reply with quote
I hope we get to learn more about Hinata and Hanabi's mother as well.

Last edited by IanRootBeerDubber on Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:26 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The interview also confirms that the Naruto television anime will continue and a "new development" will start after the beginning of 2015"

I wonder if that means another spin off series will begin or if this is referring to a part 3 of the naruto anime series that will kick off the so called "Naruto Shin Jidai Kaimaku Project" (Naruto's New Era Opening Project)"

Which then begs the question, is the newly budding Konoha story that's set for next spring the official part 3 or if that is indeed just a side story and the actual part 3 is something else Confused

But this special is cool, I don't believe we saw hanabi in shippuden yet LOL
Jajanken

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:28 pm Reply with quote
Ohhhh I'm freaking excited for all these little announcements. NARUTO ISNT GONE YET
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:29 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Oh, so a little story about the Hyuga clan? I'm kinda curious to see this special now.

based on the mangaspoiler[ they are from the same line of the as the Uchiha Clan. The mother, Kaguya Ōtsutsuki has both Byakugan and Rinne Sharingan. I think Senju and Uzumaki Clan are also descendants of Kaguya.]

Last edited by Spotlesseden on Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kougeru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:39 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Kishimoto's Naruto manga will end in Shonen Jump on Monday after 15 years of serialization.

I thought it ended like 2-3 days ago? Or was that a leak
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:45 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
Quote:
Kishimoto's Naruto manga will end in Shonen Jump on Monday after 15 years of serialization.

no, it will end next week in Japan's Shonen jump.
vanfanel

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:11 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:

Leak. SJ has to be distributed to most bookstores and every convenience store nationwide, and somewhere in that vast distribution network, there are people who can't be trusted. Every week, they grab a copy in transit and post scans. (Then English-speaking people grab the scans and translate them the second they're up.)

Every once in a while, we hear about one of them being arrested. I've not yet heard of any efforts by their loyal readers to assist them with legal expenses. I'll be dancing around spoilers until Monday.

Last edited by vanfanel on Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
vanfanel

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:32 pm Reply with quote
So the anime's not ending, eh?

Not for a while in any case, but after the adaptation is done, I could see a few ways this could go:

* Adaptation of the manga miniseries next year (likely)
* Grinding out filler until the ratings crash and it gets cancelled (very likely, probably after adapting the new manga)
* But what if Kishimoto still has ideas for a part three, but is burnt out on drawing it? He could become showrunner for an anime-only part three...
* "Naruto: The Next Generation." But is the world ready for Team Konohamaru: The Series? And unless Kishimoto was guiding it, I imagine this route would be defanged to the point that nothing of significance could happen.
* Naruto: Shippuuden Kai.

I don't think the anime has ever been all that good at coming up with original stories. You can usually tell the filler from the canon stuff in the first few minutes even if you don't read the manga. Part of the problem is they're stuck wearing Shackles (-10) of Continuity, though, so if they do something new, I hope it's on terms that allow them to really find their own way (no bans on maiming/killing off characters, learning new skills, getting promotions, marriage, babies, etc...)
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:38 pm Reply with quote
the illegal English translation is actually slow. The illegal Chinese version is like 1 day before the English version, sometimes 2 or 3 days.
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:46 pm Reply with quote
I love Hinata and Hanabi. I'm really excited. Once again, wondering if they will bring back Hanabi's original seiyuu. It's been like 10 years since she last appeared...
vanfanel

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:51 pm Reply with quote
mewpudding101 wrote:
I love Hinata and Hanabi. I'm really excited. Once again, wondering if they will bring back Hanabi's original seiyuu. It's been like 10 years since she last appeared...

I had completely forgotten that Hinata had a sister.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:54 pm Reply with quote
For those who have read ch. 700 (like me), it was most likely a fake since the 700th ch. is scheduled to be released Nov. 10. If it was released that early, I think the Japanese sites would mention that they were leaked. I would believe them more than many other Naruto sites.

Also, for people to be able to get the chapters that early, it most likely would have to be from Kishi himself, his assistants, or the WSJ editors. I doubt any of them would really do this because they risk the consequences and compromise their careers.

Plus, with the way the long trailer for the final movie is in hinting at NaruHina, spoiler[ I can see why a NaruHina shipper might make this supposed ch. 700 look like he ends up with Hinata. ] Maybe he does in the movie but the actual chapter is yet to indicate that.

http://www.saiyanisl...ry-information/:
"Kishimoto-sensei says the manga and movie are connected, and because that is the case the manga should be read to completion first. However, even if one hasn’t finished the manga it’s alright! He continues on mentioning that he’s going to be blunt and say the movie is about love! There hasn’t been a movie with a romantic theme thus far so he hopes fans will enjoy the experience."

This, to me, means that the events of the final movie happen after ch. 700. I find it weird that the final chapter would shows events happening after the movie that is yet to be released.

http://www.chatte-ge...-info-until-now / and http://www.chatte-ge...-sakura-sasuke/ both mentions that a fan artist mentioned the pics were his or that is was a doujin.

sannie's rant on the link link of chatte-georgiana.com mentions why would Kishi leak his own stuff?

Hey, those leaks could be real but I'm hoping they're not.
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:30 am Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
For those who have read ch. 700 (like me), it was most likely a fake since the 700th ch. is scheduled to be released Nov. 10. If it was released that early, I think the Japanese sites would mention that they were leaked. I would believe them more than many other Naruto sites.

I don't think you understand, but there are a few stores in Japan that release magazines early. It's not what the publisher intends, but it happens. I happen to know of one and go to it (just went today). The reason Japanese sites don't post all the raws is because of copyright- there's less chance of getting reprimanded if you just post announcements.

Magazines aren't published on the day of release. They're published a week before or so, and have to be shipped to stores in advance.
This isn't Kishimoto's leak. This is just some complete magazines being sent early to some stores.

As someone who has seen the issue, I can confirm that the chapter 700 that is online is real.

Last edited by mewpudding101 on Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:09 am; edited 1 time in total
vanfanel

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:44 am Reply with quote
This is starting to feel like a long election night. Razz
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3