• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 1st Key Visual For 2015 Dragon Ball Z Film Reveals Frieza

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dark Absol

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:35 pm Reply with quote
At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if Frieza gets powered up a la Cooler's (his brother's) 'final' transformation once he gets revived.

I'm more interested in what he would look like, that is if he gets powered up.
GATSU

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:35 pm Reply with quote
Insert inevitable dirty joke regarding the title that only American fanboys will use. Well, maybe some Japanese fans, too. Laughing
Romuska
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:00 pm Reply with quote
Beerus is back too! Awesome!
penguintruth

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:08 pm Reply with quote
At this point, Freeza is as about a big a threat as Pilaf and his gang.

Maybe Freeza becomes a rival of Trunks for Mai's affections. Or maybe Bulma puts him to work at Capsule Corp.

They should play up the comedy of the situation of Freeza, now completely out of his league with ANY of Goku's group (save for Roshi, Oolong, and Pu'er), making impotent threats and everybody just laughs at him.

The film explores Freeza's inability to come to grips with his irrelevance. He goes to a support group where he meets Broly. Yamucha is the group counselor. Gohan guest speaks on Fridays.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Second Fire Shadow

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:51 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
At this point, Freeza is as about a big a threat as Pilaf and his gang.

Maybe Freeza becomes a rival of Trunks for Mai's affections. Or maybe Bulma puts him to work at Capsule Corp.

They should play up the comedy of the situation of Freeza, now completely out of his league with ANY of Goku's group (save for Roshi, Oolong, and Pu'er), making impotent threats and everybody just laughs at him.

The film explores Freeza's inability to come to grips with his irrelevance. He goes to a support group where he meets Broly. Yamucha is the group counselor. Gohan guest speaks on Fridays.

Aw, come on. Gohan was only made irrelevant in GT and when Dragon Ball Z was originally reaching it's climax. After Gohan faced Super Buu there was literally one more major battle and then the show ended.
fuff

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:14 pm Reply with quote
friezea?! seriously trunks took him out with one cut....if they wanted to revive any of them it should have been cell...

all they gotta do is tell future trunks to come again and take care of it......

btw how come they dont show uub in the movie?
Bell02

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:20 pm Reply with quote
Hmm... would that be the worst wish?

If dragon ball fans remember, by the end of the series, Dende's Dragon grants 2 wishes, so if the first wish is to make Freeza come back... could the second be immortality? That would explain how Beerus would need to come back.
theNightster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:30 pm Reply with quote
fuff wrote:
friezea?! seriously trunks took him out with one cut....if they wanted to revive any of them it should have been cell...

all they gotta do is tell future trunks to come again and take care of it......

btw how come they don't show uub in the movie?

I agree Cell seemed more interesting but I guess they thought that at least Freeza wasn't killed by a 12 year old. weird to see bald krillen in the poster, I'm guessing either a time travel plot or this takes place before the buu saga (or the cell saga for that matter)
Lelouch Vi

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:53 pm Reply with quote
Or you know instead of rehashing Frieza again bring Cooler or Broly into canon or better yet, after Frieza is resurrected, have him allude to an evil Saiyan he met in Hell that turns out to be Broly or have him make Goku evil or something
Running Wild

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:15 pm Reply with quote
Even Yamcha could body Freeza at this point.
Lycosyncer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:24 pm Reply with quote
Frieza again? Why are we rehashing enemies again, Toriyama? By this point, he's become a joke.

Is it too late to ask for someone new and not rehash past bad guys because I want something different for DBZ if this is the best that Toriyama can think of.
Animefan16

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:24 pm Reply with quote
It's obvious that Frieza's gonna have a large power up in this movie, otherwise it will be really short. They'll probably use the other two wishes to give him immortality and more power.

Also, check out the symbol in Goku's new outfit. I wonder if Goku will be training under a new master in this movie (maybe Beerus).
penguintruth

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:36 pm Reply with quote
Lelouch Vi wrote:
Or you know instead of rehashing Frieza again bring Cooler or Broly into canon or better yet, after Frieza is resurrected, have him allude to an evil Saiyan he met in Hell that turns out to be Broly or have him make Goku evil or something

Broly would be an even worse idea. No crappy DBZ movie villain is more overplayed and lackluster than Broly. What a terrible concept.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
D-Rock

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:37 pm Reply with quote
I got it: He'll get a fourth transformation... Maybe a fifth.
oblivious247

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:43 pm Reply with quote
Lelouch Vi wrote:

Doesn't want to rehash Freeza. Wants to rehash Freeza's lame brother and the most overrated villain in the entire franchise instead. Not sure if serious.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5