• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Live-Action Attack on Titan Films' Eren, Mikasa, 11 Others Unveiled in Costume

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nemui_Nezumi

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:55 pm Reply with quote
uhm... not sure what to think

they choose to keep Hanji but not Erwin or Levi? (????)

so far it doesn't look really good... oh well, we will see, will have to wait before saying anything :/

PD: Sasha looks cute though, and that shikishima guy looks kinda hot so I guess it's something lol
grouwl

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:06 pm Reply with quote
proving my point that an accurate AOT movie will only work with an international cast, spoken in english, In a german town, and either directed by Guillermo Del Toro, Quentin Tarantino or Zack Snider.
#sukkar

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:07 pm Reply with quote
Nemui_Nezumi wrote:

so far it doesn't look really good... oh well, we will see, will have to wait before saying anything :/

They're...movie posters. When are those ever indicative of final quality? Did you think the effects in The Dark Knight Rises sucked just because the posters had some really nasty looking rain effects going on?

The costumes look fine, at least worlds better than the horrid Sengoku Basara live action series, this seems to have an actual budget.
Nemui_Nezumi

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:12 pm Reply with quote
#sukkar wrote:
Nemui_Nezumi wrote:

Did you think the effects in The Dark Knight Rises sucked just because the posters had some really nasty looking rain effects going on?

can't say, no idea what the dark knight rises is
mdo7

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:13 pm Reply with quote
grouwl wrote:
proving my point that an accurate AOT movie will only work with an international cast, spoken in english, In a german town, and either directed by Guillermo Del Toro, Quentin Tarantino or Zack Snider.

Take Quentin Tarentino out and replace him with Gareth Edwards. I can also accept Bong Joon-ho (watch Snowpiercer and you'll see why) as another director that can pull off a live-action Attack on Titan.

Nemui_Nezumi wrote:
#sukkar wrote:

Did you think the effects in The Dark Knight Rises sucked just because the posters had some really nasty looking rain effects going on?

can't say, no idea what the dark knight rises is

So you never seen this film:

Last edited by mdo7 on Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Nemui_Nezumi

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:18 pm Reply with quote
nope, never watched something batman related (or most movies of this kind)
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:31 pm Reply with quote
Well Jean's quite dishy... Anyways, I'm not sure why they have actors as the amount of special effects needed for the rest of the film the actors might as well be CGI as well.... Also there would be a good saving saving to be had on green screens Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Mechameister

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:36 pm Reply with quote
the cast looks good, wonder how the titan would look like.. i wont put my hope on it
EighteenSky

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:41 pm Reply with quote
While I'm still disappointed there's no sign of a Michael Bay Hollywood version (he could actually make it good) I have to say this has left a good first impression on me, well as far as posters/character unveiling goes at least.

I'm far from a fan of the series but I'm holding a fair bit of hope for this. It's a series where live action will bring out it's best. With Japans track record of CG though (assuming the titans will be CG) it could go anyway.
#sukkar

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:49 pm Reply with quote
It's going to be a mix of CGI and practical effects. The director has a pretty strong history working with practical effects.
mdo7

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:51 pm Reply with quote
#sukkar wrote:
It's going to be a mix of CGI and practical effects. The director has a pretty strong history working with practical effects.

Well I hope it doesn't look bad, in term of CGI, Japan is not the greatest. I've seen better CGI from other Asian countries (ie: South Korea, Mainland China) looking way better then Japan.
Lord Dcast

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:01 pm Reply with quote
I actually like these. Except for Jean. THEY MESSED UP JEAN!

Eren and Mikasa look amazing, and the others look pretty cool too. I wounder if the film's going to have Levi in it...
simona.com

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:03 pm Reply with quote
please look at that 'Armin' guy... I'm much more a blond bishonen than that ugly thing! [though I'm not a boy and definitely a bit older than Armin Anime hyper]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:12 pm Reply with quote
That copy pasted lens flare is hilarious.

I don't know who this Shikishima fellow is, but I think a certain height-impaired heichou would have a problem with his title.

edit - hahahaha even the matte green RPG gets lens flare!
Miyanoai

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:33 pm Reply with quote
mdo7 wrote:

Take Quentin Tarentino out and replace him with Gareth Edwards. I can also accept Bong Joon-ho (watch Snowpiercer and you'll see why) as another director that can pull off a live-action Attack on Titan.

Seen it and I thoroughly agree. Though hopefully with a different ending. Which makes me wonder just what this story is going to be about? Is it going to be like a recap or more of an OVA?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7