• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Perfect / Pointless / Poignant Quotes.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:06 pm Reply with quote
*gasp* I have been quoted twice in a row in the quotes thread!

BOW BEFORE ME YE MERE MORTALS!!!

EDIT: But alas, my prideful boast has pushed both off the current page. Curse my hubris!
Errinundra

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:28 am Reply with quote
dtm42 gets it so right here:

dtm42 wrote:
Referring to PMMM's Homura Akemi I wrote:
And she suffers, so you gotta make allowance for that.

Homura could reduce her suffering by quite a lot if she chose not to fight in high heels. Her ankles must hate her.

That just might explain why she's always grimacing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Galap

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:34 pm Reply with quote
Time to continue the ikillchicken train:

In the Fate/Zero review thread, levels of complaining and flaming of the reviewer (mostly for giving an animation score of C) had become utterly ridiculous. Someone expressed their distaste for the review with:

Quote:
I agree with Illya.

to which IKC replied

ikillchicken wrote:
yes, I concur. A child throwing a temper tantrum is a highly accurate summary of whats occurring in this thread.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:20 pm Reply with quote
Uh, ikc has a lot of very worthy quotes in here, but I confess the value of that last one escapes me. Didn't he simply agree with something somebody else posted? Am I missing something here?

eta: wait, I understand the full context now. Yeah, I'd say that one is borderline.
Ignatz

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:56 pm Reply with quote
From the Recently, My Sister is Unusual thread:

Utsuro no Hako wrote:
Crunchyroll's plot description sounds downright passive-aggressive:

Quote:
The latest entry in the “my little sister” genre, Recently, My Sister is Unusual is based on an original manga written and illustrated by Mari Matsuzawa. As usual, the story features a younger sister named Mitsuki Kanzaki who goes to live with her step-brother Yuya Kanzaki after her mother remarries.

I can't help but read that last sentence as, "As usual you people make us spend good money on creepy shit like this. I can't believe I have to write a plot description about some sister wanting to bone her brother for the third time this year. Seriously, is McDonald's hiring?"

Utsuro no Hako nailed it. Laughing
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:11 pm Reply with quote
Perhaps I am too easily impressed; nevertheless, I cannot help but commend the poster here.
st_owly

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:30 am Reply with quote
From this thread which will probably die soon. Regarding the dubbing of "Date a Live", our troll friend seems to have got it into his head that:
a) ANN = 4Kids
b) 4Kids are going to dub the aforementioned show.

some troll wrote:
To whom it may concern and please let it concern someone of any kind of status in the 4kids entertainment industry.

I have recently been informed that 4kids is going to 4kids-ise (4kids-isation is a term I will be using in this comment) the Japanese anime Date-A-Live, but clearly you know that because you're on this particular thread, so let's get to the point.

Blah blah blah

My final point that I leave you with is this. Why would you promote an anime that has implications of incest towards kids?

Thanks for reading and I hope to Jesus that you change the type of anime that you 4kids-ise later on.
Sincerely scrub225

This response is perfect.
Nayu wrote:
I just finished talking to Jesus and he's upset about your lack of faith in the power of incest. He is his own father after all.

Laughing
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:59 am Reply with quote
After just coming out of this topic I stumbled across this 30 seconds later... too funny Laughing:

Nayu wrote:
Hawkwing wrote:
Quote:
The series is published in Japan, China, Taiwan, South Korea, and Thailand with plans for United States, the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Italy, Austria, Canada, Switzerland, and more.

Ohh, gotta buy that if it reaches Europe. Smile

The United Kingdom, France, Germany, Italy, Austria, and Switzerland happen to be in Europe. Rejoice!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:05 pm Reply with quote
I've just gotta give props to someone who quotes Calvin & Hobbes. From Anime in America: The Best (and Worst) of 2013
HeeroTX wrote:
One reason I HATE "Flowers of Evil" (and subsequently can't appreciate any of Carl's recommendations after reading this year end recap) is it always makes me think of this:

(This isn't the ONLY reason I hate FoE, the glacial pace, disagreement with stylistic choices and complete disdain for "wallowing in teen melodrama" genre are much bigger issues for me personally)

By the way, I just love Flowers of Evil.
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:16 pm Reply with quote
From: Anime in America: The Best (and Worst) of 2013 (P. 8)
Echo_City wrote:
Quote:
Theron: The blame for this falls on light novel writers which are increasingly becoming a primary source for anime adaptations. So who was the one who started this hideously annoying practice of making titles that are compound sentences so I can crucify him/her? And when does Japan's ever-inventive AV industry get in on this (if it hasn't already)? Just imagine: No Matter How I Look At It, It's Your Fault My Penis is Erect or I Couldn't Come on My Own, So I Got This Handy Vibrator?
(emphasis added) Crass, puerile and prurient but hilarious and, IMO re: the general point expressed here, true (when you're meting out justice, make sure you nail the punk who started that whole semicolon-title idea too).

Just when I think that the overly snarky, "ironic/self-aware" tone of the ANN articles is getting too monotonous (I still stand by my theory that ANN's executive editor has spread his "snarkiness virus" to the whole of ANN's staff lol) y'all go to new highs (or is it lows?) and post something like that quote which causes me to crack a smile despite myself. Bravo Laughing

I completely agree!
danilo07

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:22 pm Reply with quote
nbahn wrote:
I've just gotta give props to someone who quotes Calvin & Hobbes. From Anime in America: The Best (and Worst) of 2013
HeeroTX wrote:
One reason I HATE "Flowers of Evil" (and subsequently can't appreciate any of Carl's recommendations after reading this year end recap) is it always makes me think of this:

(This isn't the ONLY reason I hate FoE, the glacial pace, disagreement with stylistic choices and complete disdain for "wallowing in teen melodrama" genre are much bigger issues for me personally)

By the way, I just love Flowers of Evil.

I always find it amazing when somebody accuses FoE of elitism,when it is quite possibly one of the most anti-elitists things ever.
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:53 pm Reply with quote
Without a doubt, when dtm42 types with razor blades, he does so with style!
From the Anime in America: The Best (and Worst) of 2013 thread (P.10):
dtm42 wrote:
No discussion about anime in 2013 is complete without mentioning Samurai Flamenco. There surely should have been two awards for it. One award for Biggest Ever WTF Scene, the other award for Most Complete Trainwreck In Anime History.

I doubt anyone could watch the first seven episodes (with no knowledge of what was coming) and not have their jaw slam through the foundations of their house or apartment building.
dtm42

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:04 pm Reply with quote
Why thank you.

It really is a total trainwreck though. I have PTSD just from watching it.
Ignatz

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:30 am Reply with quote
From the new Vividred Operation review:

AsherFischell wrote:
Some of the reviews on this site could be about a dump the reviewer took the day before and they'd still manage to give it a B.

Got a good laugh out of that. Laughing

Personally, I like ANN reviews, but some reviewers really should improve their grading system.
Ignatz

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:21 am Reply with quote
Oh my god, this thread... Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 99 of 105