• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Perfect / Pointless / Poignant Quotes.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:05 pm Reply with quote
leafy sea dragon wrote:
North America is a continent made up entirely of countries that fought their independence from their empires in violent ways, so we'd be a region of the world full of rebels.
Fronzel wrote:
Except for Canada (those weaklings).
leafy sea dragon wrote:
Yeah, you're right. I looked it up, and the rebellions in Canada were not only a lot smaller than the other countries', but they seem mostly concentrated in Quebec. I always thought Canada had its own wars with the British Empire too.
Blood- wrote:
Yeah, we managed to find a way to become a country without a bunch of people having to die. We also managed to continue being a country without fighting a bloody civil war. We're just weird that way, I guess.

That's not weird; what's weird is refusing to recognize (i.e., being in a "state"* of denial) that you all are "the 51st state" of the good 'ole U.S. of A.! Razz

*I think that that is a glorious pun! Laughing
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:09 pm Reply with quote
Well, the way the Canadian dollar is cratering right now, I wouldn't mind if we truly did become the 51st state. Nationalism be damned - I wants muh cheap animu!
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:17 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Well, the way the Canadian dollar is cratering right now, I wouldn't mind if we truly did become the 51st state. Nationalism be damned - I wants muh cheap animu!

Surely you mean the Loonie, don't you? Wink Laughing
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:25 pm Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
^
The .gif is from Amnesia, a show so epically bad that if you watch it you'll pray for God to give you actual amnesia so you don't have to remember how awful it is.

I've gotta give props to a man who knows how to type with razor blades! Cool Smile Very Happy Laughing
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:40 am Reply with quote
nobahn wrote:
dtm42 wrote:
^
The .gif is from Amnesia, a show so epically bad that if you watch it you'll pray for God to give you actual amnesia so you don't have to remember how awful it is.

I've gotta give props to a man who knows how to type with razor blades! Cool Smile Very Happy Laughing

Well taste is subjective, there were some really big problems with Amnesia. What makes that one gif work so well is how at that time you were either saying "I am out of this" because you are morbidly getting entertainment from its awfulness.
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:13 pm Reply with quote
Gabriella Elkins in the last paragraph wrote:
Featuring absolutely nothing distinct, Argevollen fails as a piece of entertainment. It's the bottom of the barrel for Gundam knockoffs, lacking even the hilariously awful gimmick that makes some distinct. Maybe it'll improve in the second cour? But really, who'd even stick around that long? Me, that's who. I'm in this for the long run, Argevollen. War is hell, and so is some anime.
(Emphasis is mine.)
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:38 am Reply with quote
Epic moderator revival!!!!!

This gem is actually from a PM that leafy sea dragon received and posted about in the abusive PM's section. I hope they don't mind me sharing this bit from it.

Quote:
Bottom line is that EVERYTHING that you said/suggested about grocery store clerks was NOTHING but a load of utter [expletive] idiotic and blatantly untrue bullshit, and that's a fact.

Why leafy? Why would you insult hard working and heroic grocery store clerks? Just....why? I mean these are grocery store clerks! The unsung heroes of thanksgiving and all major holidays! These are not Macy's clerks or god forbid Best Buy clerks. These are heroes who deserve their own memorial right next to the WW2 memorial. And yet you insult them and degrade their memory and sacrifice. For shame!!!!
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:04 am Reply with quote
@Psycho 101

I suspect grocery store clerk was picked out at random, apparently to serve as one of a number of otherwise praiseworthy occupations that have little or no input into the content of an anime. She could just as easily referred to bartenders or college professors.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:11 am Reply with quote
Alan45 wrote:
@Psycho 101

I suspect grocery store clerk was picked out at random, apparently to serve as one of a number of otherwise praiseworthy occupations that have little or no input into the content of an anime. She could just as easily referred to bartenders or college professors.

I know that. Just put a damper on my fun why don't ya. =p
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:44 am Reply with quote
Always happy to be of service. Twisted Evil
A Mystery

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:11 pm Reply with quote
This thread needs more love. I say we heighten the humor level of this forum.
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:23 pm Reply with quote
How's this for humor?
WashuTakahashi wrote:
It was complete shojo garbage, [...] and I loved it.
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:57 pm Reply with quote
Describing the vampire king in her review of episode 11 of Dance with Devils
Rebecca Silverman wrote:
Nesta, who keeps women chained to his throne in case he's feeling peckish (they appear to be the equivalent of the granola bar you keep in your desk)

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:42 pm Reply with quote
From "A Silent Voice GN 4 -- Review" (3rd paragraph from the end):
Nick Creamer wrote:
True friendship requires being willing to engage and impose on the people you care about [...].

Personally, I have always felt that that the defining characteristic of friendship is the ability/willingness to forgive someone for their faults.
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:09 am Reply with quote
Please pardon this serial post.....
Tuor_of_Gondolin wrote:
chrisc1978 wrote:
My family refuses to watch anything anime.

Disown them and replace them with one that does.

Problem solved!

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 102 of 105