Forum - View topic
NEWS: 3 Anime by Persona 4, Elfen Lied, Attack on Titan Helmers Teased in Video




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Stark700



Joined: 30 Jan 2012
Posts: 11675
Location: Earth
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:11 pm Reply with quote
A lot of announcements today. Hope they can live up to the hype.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Megiddo



Joined: 24 Aug 2005
Posts: 8225
Location: IL
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:14 pm Reply with quote
Definitely interested in Seiji Kishi's new work as he has proven time and again to be a rather competent director when not working on video game adaptations.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
_Cyphon_



Joined: 16 Nov 2014
Posts: 996
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:36 pm Reply with quote
Hm, all three of these gave off a dark vibe to them. I wonder what the plot is going to be.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HitmanNick



Joined: 04 Jul 2012
Posts: 27
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:43 pm Reply with quote
3 new shows to add to my list. Defintely excited for Knocking on the Walls of the Armored Fortress.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WANNFH



Joined: 13 Mar 2011
Posts: 1040
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:53 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Definitely interested in Seiji Kishi's new work as he has proven time and again to be a rather competent director when not working on video game adaptations.


[sarcasm]
Yeah, silly attempt to rework the Arpeggio of Blue Steel in Ars Nova is really the top of competent adaptation.
[/sarcasm]

Yes, Kishi/Makoto duo done the good things like the Carnival Phantasm or Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita, but their percent of mediocre or bad adaptations is quite high even now. But, if we talk about original anime, they maybe got some point.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Soaringfalcon



Joined: 12 Oct 2013
Posts: 51
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:47 pm Reply with quote
So glad Tetsuro Araki will direct a new series, but looks like Wit Studio is becoming one the most recent busiest studios along with A1-Pictures Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
relyat08



Joined: 20 Mar 2013
Posts: 4125
Location: Northern Virginia
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:20 pm Reply with quote
SoaringFalcon wrote:
So glad Tetsuro Araki will direct a new series, but looks like Wit Studio is becoming one the most recent busiest studios along with A1-Pictures Smile


I wouldn't put them on nearly the same level as A-1. They have been doing, like, one series per season since AoT. A-1 does like 5+ series per season!

On another not though, that last show looks to be very promising. Araki Tetsuro and the creator of Code Geass is a pretty solid team. I'll keep my expectations in check, but I'm definitely keeping my eyes on it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
LiteMangime



Joined: 21 Jun 2014
Posts: 339
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:04 pm Reply with quote
I've always seen anime as an "advertisment" to it's original content during the time when their hype is real (unless it's an original project). But now with Parasyte and these two new projects where their original content came out way before some of us where born, makes me want to eat my words, of course sometimes old franchises receive reboots, remakes, or something along the lines because of immense over time popularity or an anniversary (Sailor moon, Tenchi Muyo!), it just kind of blows you away that anime production companies consider investing in something "old."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
relyat08



Joined: 20 Mar 2013
Posts: 4125
Location: Northern Virginia
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:38 pm Reply with quote
LiteMangime wrote:
I've always seen anime as an "advertisment" to it's original content during the time when their hype is real (unless it's an original project). But now with Parasyte and these two new projects where their original content came out way before some of us where born, makes me want to eat my words, of course sometimes old franchises receive reboots, remakes, or something along the lines because of immense over time popularity or an anniversary (Sailor moon, Tenchi Muyo!), it just kind of blows you away that anime production companies consider investing in something "old."


Honestly, I think the anime industry is healthier now than it has been in a long time. I love seeing all of this original stuff and complete works. Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
Ermat_46



Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Posts: 626
Location: Philippines
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:12 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
A lot of announcements today. Hope they can live up to the hype.


Most of my experience with hyped anime and those anime that looks like they have some ambitious or interesting premise is that they end up being a massive disappointment, especially if they're just 1-cour. I remembered being hyped-up about C: The Money of Soul and Possibility Control because it's sounds like its about economics and finance. I was also hyped by for Fractale, Mahou Sensou and Legend of Legendary Heroes by the time they were announced because the premise sounds like it'll be something ambitious and will be great when done properly. It turns out that they're all wasted potential.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Zero Requiem



Joined: 09 Jul 2014
Posts: 18
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:29 am Reply with quote
All 3 look so interesting.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hameyadea



Joined: 23 Jun 2014
Posts: 3679
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:57 am Reply with quote
Even if the shows themselves wouldn't end up been good, at least the Japanese anime industry tries to make original works, and not just adaptations
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group