• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sui PS3/Vita Port's Videos Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LiteMangime

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:21 pm Reply with quote
You know when a series is milked it's either annoying or you like it, well I like always seeing more Higurashi.
Dessa

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:28 pm Reply with quote
Not entirely happy with the pretty major spoilers in the first trailer (the reason being, of course, that they expect you already know everything). The second one is better, I think it gives a better feel for the series, and is contained to 3, maybe 4 arcs (depending on if it used both Watanagashi and Meakashi, or just one of them, its hard to tell).
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:22 pm Reply with quote
I would love if this somehow lead to a port of rose gun days or maybe even higabana. heck I could see them possibly being packaged together,
Mr. Dent

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:20 pm Reply with quote
Dessa wrote:
Not entirely happy with the pretty major spoilers in the first trailer (the reason being, of course, that they expect you already know everything). The second one is better, I think it gives a better feel for the series, and is contained to 3, maybe 4 arcs (depending on if it used both Watanagashi and Meakashi, or just one of them, its hard to tell).

That's because these weren't newly created trailers, they're remakes of the original OPs to the Playstation 2 version. "Forest of Grief" was the original opening, and played for every arc, which is why it doesn't contain any spoilers. However, "Complex Image" was created to be a special opening to the final arc, which is why it contains major spoilers. Like you said, they expect most people looking up these OPs to already be familiar with the series, which is what makes this release similar to Higurashi Hou (Whose opening also contains major spoilers). They're both revisiting the original story, and contain all the original arcs. However, Hou comes with much more new story content, and I don't understand why they're not adding Hou's new arcs to this game... Confused

Tanteikingdomkey wrote:
I would love if this somehow lead to a port of rose gun days or maybe even higabana. heck I could see them possibly being packaged together,

Honestly, I don't feel like Higanbana should be remade. The artwork and lack of voice-acting add to it's atmosphere, IMO, and honestly they'd probably be lazy with casting the characters, and we'd end up with Yukari Tamura as Higanbana which would be terrible. However, a remake of Rose Guns Days would be absolutely amazing. I want it so bad it hurts- CGs, CGs everwhere! And I wonder how they'd adapt the fighting minigame?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1