• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Speed Racer a Go!

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GATSU

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:25 pm Reply with quote
hanachan:
Quote:
Actually, it was a kid and a monkey in the trunk....I should really stop using my free time to rewatch Speed Racer, shouldn't I? ;P

Tee-hee.
GospelX

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:47 am Reply with quote
Vaughn won't muck up his part if it's written right. He comes in wearing the signature mask, he doesn't speak much unless necessary, then he leaves. They just need a strong, young lead for Speed. Sadly, the only person I can think of is Teddy Dunn, a virtual nobody who's most convincing when playing someone frustrated or pissed off.
Animefreak6969

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 2:50 am Reply with quote
I was thinking Tobey Maquire, i know it seems wierd but i believe he could make a good Speed, and although Vaughn has me wierded out, if i think about it he could be a good Racer X but its just too wierd...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime
GATSU

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:59 pm Reply with quote
From http://www.darkhorizons.com/news06/061212g.php: Talking with Empire Magazine, Silver revealed that when the Wachowski's were told that "Ice Age 2" opened to nearly $70 million that "the boys thought that was very interesting...They wanted to make a big family entertainment".

As a result expect the film to resemble its originator quite closely - "It's the story of Speed Racer, but in a way that you've never seen anything like that before in your life. The Wachowskis brought a tremendous sense of wonder and magic to that story. They just had a different way of seeing the story" said Silver who also confirmed shooting will take place in Germany.

As for how much CG will be involved in the film? "I don't know if we'll even use any cars" says Silver. "Speed Racer" hits cinemas in 2008.
GATSU

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:36 am Reply with quote
According to Anime News Service, the release date, if it sticks, is Memorial Day weekend '08.
Kouji

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:00 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
As for how much CG will be involved in the film? "I don't know if we'll even use any cars" says Silver. "Speed Racer" hits cinemas in 2008.
Well, they've officially already lost one fan. A live-action Speed Racer without any real cars is like miso soup without the miso. Why do they even need real people? Hell, they could just have all the actors be in CGI if they're going to be that cheap about it.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
GATSU

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:58 pm Reply with quote
Nothing new to chew on, but it's being shot
at the same studio behind V for Vendetta.
GATSU

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:00 pm Reply with quote
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2