• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Cowboy Bebop Scavenger Hunt

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:05 pm Reply with quote
FleetAdmiralBen: You clicked the link about 800 times IIRC.

And yes, your room-mate only entered once. The other four winners (including you) all clicked several hundred banners each, but your exceptionally lucky roommate... Shocked

Add to that, several thousand people entered, with an average of 6.5 banners each.

I'm actually super amused that most of the winners had a large number of entries, but that one person had a very low number. It shows that the extra effort pays off, but it's worth entering even if you aren't willing to put in that extra effort.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:17 am Reply with quote
I could never tell what freaking banners I was looking for. I tried for a bit to click on ads and banners but I honestly didn't know where to look or what I was supposed to click on. So I honestly gave up because I was becoming very frustrated. Kudos to the winners and that one very very lucky person. Just goes to show that 1 in a billion chance winner for that 500mil powerball sort of luck does pay off some times.
trilaan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:20 am Reply with quote
Big winner here. The secret was having no life and a job that gives me almost nothing to do and nobody to interact with for a good 6 out of 8 hours, 5 nights a week(I work the graveyard shifts). I also don't sleep during the nights I have off from work and almost never go anywhere without my laptop.
taster of pork

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:46 am Reply with quote
I never win. Sad Crying or Very sad
EnigmaticSky

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:46 pm Reply with quote
fleetadmiralben wrote:
One of the Grayson, Ky winners here. Interesting story behind it. I am not really even a big fan of Cowboy Bebop but my roommate is. He was really excited about getting the limited edition version but his brother forgot to preorder in time and they all sold out. When I saw the contest I decided this was my chance to get my friends their limited edition Cowboy Bebop BD on a last ditch effort. I probably clicked over 1,000 ads while the contest was running, it actually became fun. I am not too disappointed with not winning though, congrats to the grand prize winner!

The truly strange part is that my roommate only entered in through the initial email sign up without hunting for any ads and he was the other winner from Grayson.

Congratats, if you dont need both i can take one off your hands.

I wish i could have won the limited edition, but oh well. Preorders sold out instantly, and by the time i had saved up for it they were gone. I really hope its like Lain and gets another run. I remember preordering that LE and then seeing everyone else get another go at it. Why cant i catch a break this time...
trilaan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:27 pm Reply with quote
It arrived in the mail today and it looks gorgeous!
Usagi-kun

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:05 pm Reply with quote
trilaan wrote:
Big winner here. The secret was having no life and a job that gives me almost nothing to do and nobody to interact with for a good 6 out of 8 hours, 5 nights a week(I work the graveyard shifts). I also don't sleep during the nights I have off from work and almost never go anywhere without my laptop.

I applaud the honest effort that goes into that lifestyle. Enjoy your set and celebrate the holidays with gusto. Very Happy
trilaan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:43 pm Reply with quote
Usagi-kun wrote:

I applaud the honest effort that goes into that lifestyle. Enjoy your set and celebrate the holidays with gusto. Very Happy

Ha ha. Smile Well thank you, I shall enjoy it muchly.
noblesse oblige

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:12 am Reply with quote
Interestingly enough, I didn't see a single Cowboy Bebop ad during the duration of the contest, but now that it's over, I get one every time I visit. I already had my set pre-ordered so no biggie, but still thought it was weird.
trilaan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:30 pm Reply with quote
It seems to me as if I found an ad for every 20-30 or so site pages I looked at.
trunkschan90

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:45 pm Reply with quote
Just got mine in the mail today.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4