• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Dead or Alive Creator Tomonobu Itagaki is Sad About DoA 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gasero

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:18 pm Reply with quote
I have no idea how Dead or Alive 5 was different from the previous games. It seemed indistinguishable to me.
Panon

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:46 pm Reply with quote
DOA5 is a better game than the previous couple of DOAs were.

And it doesn't suffer as much from the hideous plastic doll visual style the older ones did, so that complaint is pretty baffling.
Kun0h

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:31 am Reply with quote
Panon wrote:
DOA5 is a better game than the previous couple of DOAs were.

And it doesn't suffer as much from the hideous plastic doll visual style the older ones did, so that complaint is pretty baffling.

Exactly, I really feel like this game took the concept of the "triangle(rock paper scissors)" system and improved it a lot. Also the addition of power blows was nice, power launch feel kinda uneccesary but still okay that they added it.
TheAnagelic1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:05 pm Reply with quote
Probably because theres 3 versions of it and way waaaaaaay too much outfit DLC.....
Hotaru99

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:37 pm Reply with quote
5 is the best DOA I've played, and I've played them all. Admittedly I did like the old art style a little more at first but the more I've played 5, the more I appreciate the new style.
Letthemeatraep

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:28 pm Reply with quote
Itagaki has a history of bitterness towards Team Ninja projects he wasn't involved in.

He seems to be pretty afraid of becoming irrelevant imo, seemingly ignorant of the fact he stopped being relevant years ago.
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:31 pm Reply with quote
For me 5 has been my least favourite - to me it lost some of its campiness and it didn't feel as fun to watch play, I haven't played on it since the year it was released but seeming as I was still playing on 4 from the consoles release date until a couple of months before 5 was released shows it didn't live up to my expectations... But not long after that I stopped playing games because I lost interest - maybe here was nothing wrong with 5.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DTJB

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:52 pm Reply with quote
Ever since one of my friends gave me his copy of DOA 5 vanilla, I've really been getting into it, especially since my enjoyment of Tekken has diminished for awhile. Also, I always considered Itagaki to be the worst part of DOA, series felt fresh once his ego and attitude was no longer associated with it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1