• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Naruto GN 8-10

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:13 am Reply with quote
Raven Shinobi wrote:

Compared with Death Note that has only two months gap between each release, the Naruto manga is sure being released in an agonizingly slow pace, but I totally forgot about the series being serialized in Shounen Jump. It's still a long way for the English version to catch up with the Japanese or even the French one.

Yeah, but Death Note doesn't run in the U.S. Shonen Jump magazine and that makes all the difference. Series that run in the magazine (like Naruto, One Piece, and Yu Yu Hakusho) will not get the collected volumes released until all of the chapters from that volume have already been in the monthly magazine. Series that don't run in the magazine (like Death Note, Hunter x Hunter, or Bleach) get released bi-monthly, unless they catch up with the Japanese release (Bleach is getting close; they will have to slow down the release of the Bleach volumes soon).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2