• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Noitamina Anime Block Holds 'Best Theme Song' Poll

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OpadrianO

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:46 pm Reply with quote
where is falling down by oasis? oh yeah, copyrights.
Brakus

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:58 pm Reply with quote
Noticeably absent are "Falling Down" by Oasis and "Do You Want To" by Franz Ferdinand. Those would have gotten two of my votes right there.

Possible world copyright issues might have caused them to be purposefully left off the list, but then again, I think it's more of reason for them to focus solely on the J-pop and J-rock music that served as OPs and EDs for the Noitamina shows.

I voted for the Psycho-Pass 2nd OP, the Princess Jellyfish OP, the Samurai Flamenco 1st OP, and the Bunny Drop OP.
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:13 pm Reply with quote
mdo7 wrote:
Space Butler XIII wrote:
$31? Did I read that correctly? That's cheaper than many 4-disc sets I've seen come out over here. Hell, that's less than how much it cost me to buy a sealed copy of the Pillows - Runners High from CD Japan, last year.

It must be the weakened yen, if you keep up with the economic news out of Japan you may have heard about the yen being weakened.

It's also cheaper to import games as well, it costs less than $40 (not covering shipping for one of my games for December) and with shipping it's less than $55.
MasterGhost

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:39 pm Reply with quote
Really? No Oasis "Falling Down" means no vote from me, sorry.
Wildcat17

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:59 pm Reply with quote
I need to remember to download this album!
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:01 pm Reply with quote
mdo7 wrote:
It must be the weakened yen, if you keep up with the economic news out of Japan you may have heard about the yen being weakened.

Ugh, don't remind me. I dread converting my salary to Dollars when I have to do my income taxes next year.

Haven't voted yet, but I will definitely vote for the HachiKuro endings by Suneohair and both the OP and ED for AnoHana.
mdo7

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:03 pm Reply with quote
GokuMew2 wrote:
mdo7 wrote:

Ugh, don't remind me. I dread converting my salary to Dollars when I have to do my income taxes next year.

Well the weakened yen is making it easier for tourist to buy thing when they go to Japan.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:25 pm Reply with quote
Voted for both the opening and ending themes for Anohana, just listening to them takes me back to the emotional rolls coaster let alone watching the series. Plus they are both cracking songs!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
iatheia

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:30 pm Reply with quote
Hard limiting it to just ten songs.... But both tracks of "Life Goes On" by Chemistry are non-negotiable.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:57 pm Reply with quote
mdo7 wrote:
Well the weakened yen is making it easier for tourist to buy thing when they go to Japan.

Bu the weakened value doesn't necessarily indicate that they are getting quality products for that price.
mdo7

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:14 pm Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
mdo7 wrote:

Bu the weakened value doesn't necessarily indicate that they are getting quality products for that price.

True, that has been the downside of the weakened yen. Also I've seen some low-quality stuff from Japan and it was ridiculously overpriced.
shiranehito

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:31 pm Reply with quote
Wow, tough choice. I really have to rack my brain just to think which song to vote. There are a lot of my favorite songs from the anime I don't even watch. Suneohair's Waltz for Honey & Clover, all the songs from Nodame, all School Food Punishment for EoE, EGOIST songs for Guilty Crown and Psycho-Pass, Galilei Donna OP, Kanno's Trigger... man, there's too many. 10 is just not enough.

Too bad there's no "changes" by Base Ball Bear from Library War, and Oasis's "Falling Down" from EoE and "Do you want to" by Franz Ferdinand for ParaKiss. The most regrettable is there's no "Hikaru Nara" by Goose House for Shigatsu. It's my first choice if it was there.
OrangeVision

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:57 pm Reply with quote
10 choices isn't enough, this is impossible.

EDIT: went with: Nodame 1 opening, Hakaba Kitaro opening, Eden of the East opening, Tatami Galaxy opening and ending, C: money of Soul ending, UN-GO opening, Sakamichi no Apollon opening, Ping-Pong ending, Zankyou no Terror ending.

Had to leave like 10 amazing songs out with heavy heart.

Last edited by OrangeVision on Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
yuna49

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:27 pm Reply with quote
What an annoying site. I'm supposed to remember the OP/ED for a series I watched five or six years ago without any links to the audio for the songs themselves? Do they really expect me to track down all the songs myself before voting? I suspect the results will end up being a poll on the popularity of the series more than the songs.

If they are doing this without the cooperation of the music rights holders, then I can understand why there aren't links to the songs. (Go try to listen to the actual version of "Natsu No Hana" that closed Mononoke. Toei doesn't seem to care if you watch the entire anime at YouTube, but Sony won't let you hear "Natsu no Hana.") Still wouldn't you think Fuji might have brought the rights holders on board for this, especially since they are releasing an album? And we're not talking about linking to the complete songs either, just the 1:30 versions that open and close the animes.

Aside from obvious choices like that song, "Mononoke Dance" from Hakaba Kitarou, and "Allegro Cantabile," I'll have to find an hour or so to track down the songs and decide which to vote for.
shiranehito

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:40 pm Reply with quote
yuna49 wrote:
What an annoying site. I'm supposed to remember the OP/ED for a series I watched five or six years ago without any links to the audio for the songs themselves? Do they really expect me to track down all the songs myself before voting?

I only vote for what's memorable for me. If at the time of vote I don't remember the song and/or the title, then I don't vote it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4