• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Pokémon Adventures Gets Omega Ruby, Alpha Sapphire Arc

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:47 am Reply with quote
Awesome! I absolutely love Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire so far, and I only have volumes 15-17 and 19 of the R/S arc of Adventures so far but I'm liking what I'm reading, so this'll be awesome.
pauladls

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:37 am Reply with quote
ow they look cute with their new outfits
Azure-Wind91

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:42 pm Reply with quote
Wow, I wasn't a fan of the male's redesign, but the glasses make it look a lot better.
SakuraGirl17

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:51 pm Reply with quote
I'm definitely interested in reading this once it comes out, I personally loved the Ruby & Sapphire manga arcs in the Pokemon manga series. So this should be an enjoyable pick up for me once Viz Media releases it in the future in English.

Even though most will try to read this upcoming arc online for free when it comes out, I will do my best to wait until an official release comes out for purchase in America. Since I'm a firm believer in supporting the manga and anime Industry in any way possible. That's why I'm moving away from reading things online recently and have tried to grow my manga and anime collection by a lot.

The new arc looks really interesting, even though I loved their designs in the original Ruby & Sapphire arc and in the Emerald arc, I'll still give this new upcoming design a shot since the Ruby & Sapphire protagonists are my favorite characters from the entire Pokemon manga franchise.
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:22 pm Reply with quote
Looking forward to it! I just hope it's better than the HGSS arc, the original with those characters is my favorite arc while their "sequel" arc was ...alright at best.
ParaChomp

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:58 pm Reply with quote
Looking forward to revisiting the characters from my second favourite arc (first would be Diamond/Pearl/Platinum). I haven't read the Emerald arc however and it hasn't been released overseas yet. Heck, the rest of the Black and White arc hasn't been fully released either. Wonder how it will be tackled as there's only so much ground you can tread which was part of the HGSS arc's problem. The material they CAN use however is the Delta episode (AKA the post game content) but there's some of the events that have occurred in the comic and major redesigns in the games.

Seriously, how does this become this? We'll see what happens.
phia_one

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:13 pm Reply with quote
I figured this would happen at some point. I loved the first Ruby/Sapphire arc!
Aster Selene

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:46 pm Reply with quote
ParaChomp wrote:
Looking forward to revisiting the characters from my second favourite arc (first would be Diamond/Pearl/Platinum). I haven't read the Emerald arc however and it hasn't been released overseas yet. Heck, the rest of the Black and White arc hasn't been fully released either. Wonder how it will be tackled as there's only so much ground you can tread which was part of the HGSS arc's problem. The material they CAN use however is the Delta episode (AKA the post game content) but there's some of the events that have occurred in the comic and major redesigns in the games.

Seriously, how does this become this? We'll see what happens.

I believe BW's run is done (cliffhanger ending nonwithstanding), and they're working on BW2 with XY at the same time. Adding in ORAS...I think they've juggled three entries of Special at the same time before?

Having played ORAS there are definitely a lot of new features between RSE and ORAS (more so than HGSS), so even though they don't factor as a main plot, it'll be interesting to see what they'll come up with. I do wonder what they'll do with those redesigns though, especially since some of them (like Courtney) were pretty prominent.
Jitsugen

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:25 am Reply with quote
Can someone send a Link for the uncensored version of the Manga? I really want to catch up with the Manga but I don't know where it is censored and where it isn't.
ParaChomp

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:17 am Reply with quote
Aster Selene wrote:
I believe BW's run is done (cliffhanger ending nonwithstanding), and they're working on BW2 with XY at the same time. Adding in ORAS...I think they've juggled three entries of Special at the same time before?

Having played ORAS there are definitely a lot of new features between RSE and ORAS (more so than HGSS), so even though they don't factor as a main plot, it'll be interesting to see what they'll come up with. I do wonder what they'll do with those redesigns though, especially since some of them (like Courtney) were pretty prominent.
Yeah but what was new in the HGSS arc was okay but it can be done. As for Courtney, her redesign (link) compared to Adventures (link) isn't drastic at all. Tabitha's redesign (already posted) is big (in more ways than one). Maxie's isn't too bad either but he went from hanging out in a cave (link) to being properly groomed (link). We've that before but regardless.

Then there's Team Aqua's redesigns, they're now dark skinned in ORAS and were originally portrayed as lighter skinned. Shelly's redesign was big too, red head (link) to black hair with blue highlights (link). Matt's redesign (link) is manageable but he was never portrayed as a tough guy (link). Archie's isn't too bad either just as opposed to his original design (link) he's now sporting an athletic swim suit and more stylized facial hair (link).

Woo, that was a lot of links. Also is it just me or do a handful of the character designs in ORAS show off a good amount of skin?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1