• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Psycho-Pass Manga About Akane Ends

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:05 pm Reply with quote
Another screw-up in translation.

It's supposed to be Inspector Kougami, not enforcer. Kanshikan = 監視官 which is not the same as the enforcer = 執行官.

Not sure why they called it a spin-off, since the official blurb for the work was to retell the first series via Tsunemori Akane's perspective. It's sold well so it seems interest in the franchise is still high 2 years after the original series aired.
InuNaruPokeAlchemist

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:31 pm Reply with quote
Can it atleast come state side? Sad
digidragon
ANN Past Staff

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:54 pm Reply with quote
Harleyquin wrote:

It's supposed to be Inspector Kougami, not enforcer. Kanshikan = 監視官 which is not the same as the enforcer = 執行官.

Not sure why they called it a spin-off, since the official blurb for the work was to retell the first series via Tsunemori Akane's perspective. It's sold well so it seems interest in the franchise is still high 2 years after the original series aired.

You're right, thank you! I'll fix it here and in our original article.

You may also be right that "spinoff" isn't the best word. I skimmed the final chapter for this news spoiler[and it looked more or less identical to the end of the anime. It's not even particularly focused on Akane compared to the original version.] Of course, that's just one chapter. Has anyone read more of it?
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:28 pm Reply with quote
digidragon wrote:
Harleyquin wrote:

You're right, thank you! I'll fix it here and in our original article.

You may also be right that "spinoff" isn't the best word. I skimmed the final chapter for this news spoiler[and it looked more or less identical to the end of the anime. It's not even particularly focused on Akane compared to the original version.] Of course, that's just one chapter. Has anyone read more of it?

Seeing as it hasn't received official translations in English, you'd be better off asking someone in Japan who has been following the series for that answer.

From unofficial translations, chapters 1-6 correspond to episode 1 of the 1st season but with the story told from Tsunemori Akane's point of view (plus a bit of extrapolation that wasn't in the series).
jr240483

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:37 am Reply with quote
which makes me wonder if this series will get its own 13 ep OVA considering that it is popular over there.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:32 am Reply with quote
Season 2 is currently airing at the minute, while the full-length movie is scheduled to air on 9th January across Japan. There are also two other manga adaptations being published at present.

Popular enough to justify all of the above then.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1