• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Blood+ on Cartoon Network

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nionel

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:29 pm Reply with quote
Umm. Adult Swim I hope. I can't imagine the hackjob this show would recieve on the regular Cartoon Network.
Buster Blader 126

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:35 pm Reply with quote
IMO, Blood+ would've went to AS based on its name alone, if not for the content (which is more mature anyways).

Quite frankly, I'm not surprised about this announcement, either. I hope there'll be an announcement involving a DVD release in the near future, though.
flchick

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:37 pm Reply with quote
I do hope your source is not the same as mine. When I first posted the info over at AoD on Oct 22, 2006 everyone there said it was not solid enough

Here is the link to my post on Oct 22, 2006:, http://forums.animeondvd.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1452797&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=3&vc=1
hikaru004

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:39 pm Reply with quote
Yeah! About time. DVD releases too please. Very Happy
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:43 pm Reply with quote
flchick:
Quote:
I do hope your source is not the same as mine. When I first posted the info over at AoD on Oct 22, 2006 everyone there said it was not solid enough

AOD also said there'd be a Bebop 2. Rolling Eyes

Anyway, I just hope Sony knows how to market Blood+ better than Cyborg 009 and Astro Boy.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:21 pm Reply with quote
Sweet! It's always good to hear AS will get some new shows to add to their already decent lineup. Especially when they're shows I've seen part of and liked a lot. Cool
Ataru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:27 pm Reply with quote
I guess G4 lost the fight since they were rumor to be fighting for the rights to air. Oh well, they don't even have an anime block any more.

Going off a hunch, my guess will be AS as well. Let's face it, blood heavy storys don't cut on Toonami.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
alifemde

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:36 pm Reply with quote
Oh noes... Blood+ is really not that great a show. Think "magical girl vampire" show.... Only much less cool. I'm very disappointed that this will be taking up a valuable anime time slot on CN. It has nothing in common (tone, setting and feel-wise) with the OVA Blood the Last Vampire made all those years ago. Blood+ is just filled with annoying teenagers who can only whine and complain... all the way through to the end.

Honestly can't believe CN'd pick this one up. So many other, better shows out there. Why not Ergo Proxy?
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:40 pm Reply with quote
alifemde wrote:

Honestly can't believe CN'd pick this one up. So many other, better shows out there. Why not Ergo Proxy?

Odd thing is that the only time Geneon shows are in Adult Swim is when the corresponding episodes are already released on DVD.
emory

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:42 pm Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
alifemde wrote:

Odd thing is that the only time Geneon shows are in Adult Swim is when the corresponding episodes are already released on DVD.

Yeah. And if the telecasts eventually catch up to the DVDs, they're stopped. G4 had the same situation.
MeggieMay

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:48 pm Reply with quote
flchick wrote:

I would think it would have a better source than that and hopefully more than one source, seeing how ANN usually doesn't announce this sort of stuff without a soild source. BTW, check the Le Chavalier D'Eon licencing discussions to read about where ANN stands on reporting licences. As to the AoD thread - well the information you posted turned out to be right but I still stand by my feeling that a VA's resume isn't a soild source to be using to announce a licence on.

As for CN/Adult Swim picking up this title (I sure hope it's AS because the show really isn't Toonami material), congratuations. I hope the show works for them. Unfortunetely I think this is the death nell for Anime Unleashed on G4. It's been nine months since AU went off the air and it is starting to look fairly clear that AU isn't returning. However G4 needs to say for sure, one way or the other IMO, because until they do there is always a chance it could return.
omar235

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:06 pm Reply with quote
Sweet I heard mixed things about the show, but I am a big fan of any anime with vampires in it and this sounded interesting. Anyone like to comment on how this ranks against Trinity Blood??
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:12 pm Reply with quote
A VA's resume alone is not enough for us to post a news item like that.

It however is enough to cause us to look into the matter, make a few phone calls, and find out the truth. This is what happened this time, we saw that two voice actors had listed the show as being on CN/AS, so we made phone calls.

One person, who was rather surprised that we knew about it, did indeed confirm it, made no official statement. I spoke to CN and they made no request that we keep it secret, they just couldn't add anything, so...

Blood+ will be on Cartoon Network ([as] I think, but I'm not certain).

When we don't list a source, it's because our source doesn't want to be listed but we have more than enough faith in them to take the risk.

For example, if a Geneon Employee were to tell us that a Geneon Show was going to be on [as], but not to put their name in any report about it (because the broadcaster is supposed to have the exclusive rights to make any such annoucement), then we'd have no problem posting the article without a source.

If we can, we always prefer to list a source...

-t

Last edited by Tempest on Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
flchick

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:16 pm Reply with quote
MeggieMay wrote:
flchick wrote:

I would think it would have a better source than that and hopefully more than one source, seeing how ANN usually doesn't announce this sort of stuff without a soild source.n.

I totally agree with you that one persons resume is not a solid source. But just by looking at ANN's heading " Cartoon Network "
I have to wonder that their source is indeed the VA's resume.
Also, someone on Toonzone posted the same info today and then the news appeared here.
emory

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:19 pm Reply with quote
flchick wrote:
I totally agree with you that one persons resume is not a solid source. But just by looking at ANN's heading " Cartoon Network "
I have to wonder that their source is indeed the VA's resume.
Also, someone on Toonzone posted the same info today and then the news appeared here.

If you look at tempest's post, ANN is confident in the information. It's best they list Cartoon Network if they can't get a specific timeslot on the channel in order to name one of the blocks.

BTW, has ANN reported that CN is airing .hack//ROOTS?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4