• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Full List of Naruto Epilogue Novels Unveiled

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Minami-Asakura

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:30 pm Reply with quote
infamoustakai wrote:
Minami-Asakura wrote:
Yullenator wrote:
I doubt any respectable fans left would bother.

Very Happy

The best of the manga ending is all the little cry babies Laughing

Thanks Kishimoto.

Can you blame them? All the development they read was swept under the rug.

Yes, because there were never any real romance development, merely delusions of what THEY wanted to see, Sakura never showed the smallest romantic interest in Naruto, NEVER, I dont see what "development" they saw, but to be fair this happens in real life too, one moment you just want to be courteous with a girl only to be misunderstood in having a romantic interest... probably they saw some Sakura actions as romantic interest with lots of wishful thinking of course.

Second, because those people make a huge fuss as if this was some kinda shoujo romance manga, when it is not, no romance in a shounen can ruin anything as romance is the least important factor, Naruto was no exception, there was never any real importance in romance, it was never pivotal to the story, to such extend that the romantic development was skipped to already realized for must characters in chapter 700.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:15 am Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
Viz doesn't always do the tie-in novel thing, but I'm sure they will for this series.

I hope so.
yappers4

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:02 am Reply with quote
Drunk wrote:
I just hope that the novels will explain what happened to Orochimaru, Kabuto, Juugo, etc...

I came here just to say that. Not to mention that the fact that Karin is a distant relative of Naruto has yet to be addressed.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:03 am Reply with quote
I wonder what the Akatsuki version would be like since they fell apart throughout the series.
vanfanel

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:33 am Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
I wonder what the Akatsuki version would be like since they fell apart throughout the series.

Maybe a reformed version of the group in line with its original ideals before Tobi corrupted it? Konan could've played a pivotal role in such a scenario if spoiler[Obito hadn't murdered her].

yappers4 wrote:
I came here just to say that. Not to mention that the fact that Karin is a distant relative of Naruto has yet to be addressed.

In the epilogue, spoiler[Sarada's glasses sure look like Karin's. There's gotta be an untold story in there somewhere. (Yes, for now I'm writing it "Sarada"; just can't bring myself to call her "Salad" yet.)]
SakuraGirl17

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:10 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad that Kishimoto is wrapping up all the loose ends that he can for Naruto before he starts on his brand new manga series.

Even though I'm sad that it ended, we all knew the series was going to end eventually. Since the manga ended on 700 chapters and the anime is still currently ongoing in Japan, I'm hoping that with these final projects that the Naruto franchise can be put to rest after a good 17 year run.

Officially speaking however, the franchise will finally end in 2015 with the release of the 11th film starring spoiler[Naruto's son Boruto (Bolt), who will be on a new adventure / mission with Sasuke & Sakura's daughter Sarada.] So officially speaking, the Naruto fandom still has another year worth of material that's coming out to enjoy.

So I'm excited to read all of these novels that are coming out and I'm definitely happy that Kishimoto is doing all these projects to properly send of the Naruto franchise with a bang.
Covnam

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:18 pm Reply with quote
Well, if any light novels had a chance of coming over here, these sure do.
vladthetransilvanian

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:21 pm Reply with quote
vanfanel wrote:
FireballDragon wrote:
I wonder if they'll release Make-Out Paradise, lol.

Actually, they've already realized one of Jiraiya's novels. "Do-Konjo Ninden" (the one good book he wrote, which was spoiler[inspired by Nagato, and whose protagonist Naruto was named after]) did become a real book.

Really? I thought it would be an interesting read if it was real. I'll have to look into it.

Minami-Asakura wrote:
Yes, because there were never any real romance development, merely delusions of what THEY wanted to see, Sakura never showed the smallest romantic interest in Naruto, NEVER, I don't see what "development" they saw, but to be fair this happens in real life too, one moment you just want to be courteous with a girl only to be misunderstood in having a romantic interest... probably they saw some Sakura actions as romantic interest with lots of wishful thinking of course.

Agreed! Naruto and Sakura's relationship felt more like a sibling type, rather than romantic.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:11 pm Reply with quote
I find that Naruto & Sakura was a mix of sibling/romance since this is a common type of relationship for the male/female protagonists.
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:20 pm Reply with quote
I would be very interested if these were graphic novels. Take away the art and I'm not sure the people making Naruto can really deliver on the type of pure storytelling a novel demands.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2