• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Nintendo: Some Amiibo Figures Unlikely to Get 2nd Shipments

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kurohei

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:48 pm Reply with quote
...This sucks. That 3ds adapter isn't even out yet.... I hope we can still get a Robin and Lucina amiibo...
j Talbain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:54 pm Reply with quote
Well the worst part is GameStop will have MetaKnight as an exclusive figure. I think it's only going to get harder and harder to get certain Amiibo's. The next wave comes out this month. I'll bet Little Mac or Pit will be the hard ones to find for the new run of figures.
mdo7

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:07 pm Reply with quote
Yeah I heard about this from multiple news source (Gamespot, IGN, etc...). It's unfortunate.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
jenni0014

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:17 pm Reply with quote
j Talbain wrote:
Well the worst part is GameStop will have MetaKnight as an exclusive figure. I think it's only going to get harder and harder to get certain Amiibo's. The next wave comes out this month. I'll bet Little Mac or Pit will be the hard ones to find for the new run of figures.

Actually, it's going to be a bit more tricky than that as there're going to be three retailers with exclusive figures.

Gamestop with Shulk, Toys R Us with Lucario, and Best Buy with Metaknight.

I'm thankful to have all the ones I want pre-ordered so far, but I'm still anxiously awaiting the day that Rosalina and Luma come up for pre-order. ;o;
I wouldn't doubt though that the two that you had mentioned will go quick, same with Captain Falcon, (He ran out soon after I placed my order on Amazon.)
CallumKeyblade

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:19 pm Reply with quote
Animal Crossing has far outsold Zelda in recent years so how exactly are they determining popularity?
OtakunX

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:37 pm Reply with quote
The whole idea of Amiibo makes me facepalm. Gives me flashbacks of Shenmue and Ryo's need to get more and more capsule toys.
wAnder481

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:38 pm Reply with quote
CallumKeyblade wrote:
Animal Crossing has far outsold Zelda in recent years so how exactly are they determining popularity?

Well if it were determined by sales alone, then we'd be seeing the Wii Fit Trainer all over the place.
thekingsdinner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:57 pm Reply with quote
The whole Amiibo thing is in such a weird situation. None of my local stores actually has a single one because so few were delivered and sold out quick and now some of them even get discontinued. I have yet to lay eyes on an Amiibo IRL.

Luckily the only one I care for is Link and I might even get one in a few weeks but this al seems so strange to me.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Melicans

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:05 pm Reply with quote
The day that Pokémon and Smash Bros came out I went to an EB Games to pick up my copies of those games. The employee at the cashier told me to grab any Villager, Wii Fit, and Marth figures I saw because there was less than 3000 of each in all of Canada. His store didn't have any of the three. I went to another EB Games nearby and got the last Villager and second last Wii Fit Trainer there, but they had no Marth.

Basically this news is weeks old even if its only just being confirmed now.
lizardking461

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:10 pm Reply with quote
CallumKeyblade wrote:

You don't know much about the world of marketing, do you? Zelda is a by far the more culturally pervasive brand. These toys aren't just aimed at people who are already fans of ongoing Nintendo franchises, and they're definitely not just aimed at that demographic who only buy games such as Pokemon and Animal Crossing....
Melicans

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:27 pm Reply with quote
Okay, so Amazon Japan has Marth amiibo in stock. But when I try to buy it there, it says that there is a restriction on shipping it to Canada. So now what..?
enurtsol

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:42 pm Reply with quote
If they're trying to make this as widespread as, say Disney Infinity, this is not helping.
jlaking

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:55 pm Reply with quote
Thanks goodness I got Marth, Villager and the Wii Fit Trainer all on day one.
Juno016

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:56 pm Reply with quote
Read the comments in the article itself. They link to this: https://twitter.com/MKGLofficial/status/541758102857871361

If this source is to be believed, then there is no actual proof that any Amiibos will not get a 2nd shipment. Wired has yet to refer to a source except "Nintendo told us", so if they're telling the truth, then someone in Nintendo just hasn't gotten the memo yet.
mdo7

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:05 pm Reply with quote
Juno016 wrote:
Read the comments in the article itself. They link to this: https://twitter.com/MKGLofficial/status/541758102857871361

Are we sure this source is credible, remember it may not be a real employee from Nintendo, but a impersonator. It's very easy to impersonate something and that's how rumor start.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2