• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Assassination Classroom (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 1:15 pm Reply with quote
Episode 16:

Wow, I thought that was spoiler[very entertaining with the delusions but realistic test.]

I like how it gave almost all the test takers get some screen time. But overall, I thought the episode captured the creative style of the exam taking sessions. Very fun stuff. spoiler[Also quite impressed and Nakamura's rank/score. In fact, quite a bunch of the students did well Very Happy]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 2:12 pm Reply with quote
Those finals were brutal.
Especially so for the main student body.
Our E class managed just fine.
Making the test spoiler[look like an arena tournament was pretty cool.
Results were pretty amazing!
Still, I expected more from Karma.
The prize was well worth the trouble in so many ways!]
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 4:33 pm Reply with quote
The portrayal of the test questions and the students is a little over the top, but extremely fun and revealing as to what the students are tasked to perform on an everyday basis (Nakamura took up Koro-Sensei's advice with the novels, very commendable since those are hard and a vast majority of students their age would not read the books unless forced to or had an interest in the first place).

Ultimately, hard work and Koro-Sensei's personal tuition swung the day for Class E, so they earn a reward which should prove to be intriguing given the class is invested into a grand assassination scheme.

The director's head twisting sideways during that 1-to-1 session with Gakushuu was a little unnerving, but he had a point which he forced through. Given his penchant for efficiency and results, he'll probably let this event slide but won't put up with further improvements.

Looks like the series will definitely end its first half with the island assassination, given there are three terms in a Japanese school year it seems appropriate that the second season recently announced will likely start after the summer vacation (since there's a second season it's more or less a given the students don't succeed).
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 6:38 am Reply with quote
Episode 16

E class practically all spoiler[made it into the top half of the grade, that has to hurt them], although it looks like the spoiler[director is going to use it as an advantage]. I found the director's head spinning to be creepily awesome, there is some really good stuff in animating him at times.

That the usual spoiler[delinquents managed to tie for top marks in home ec] was also awesome.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 11:44 am Reply with quote
Harleyquin wrote:
The director's head twisting sideways during that 1-to-1 session with Gakushuu was a little unnerving, but he had a point which he forced through. Given his penchant for efficiency and results, he'll probably let this event slide but won't put up with further improvements.

Let me tell you something. The fiendish director, Gakushuu and my dad would all get along great. They would see eye-to-eye on everything.

That said it seemed to me he was very satisfied at how things were going. From the beginning he had set up Class E as a incentive for the other 95% of students and now that concept has been supercharged. At the assembly the regular students didn't even get to snicker at class E.

Which sort of begs the question. Under the rules pretty much all of Class E should be promoted out of class E and then repopulated with the holders of the bottom 5% of test scores, shouldn't it?
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 12:42 pm Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:

Which sort of begs the question. Under the rules pretty much all of Class E should be promoted out of class E and then repopulated with the holders of the bottom 5% of test scores, shouldn't it?

You might want to rewatch one of the earlier episodes when they explain this system: it's not as simple as simply scoring well in exams.

The student must first personally hand in an application requesting to join the main campus and approval from the student's former HR teacher is required (which means Akabane has zero chance of ever returning to the main campus despite his intelligence).

As for the former, there are circumstances in this particular school year which discourage students in class E from wanting a return to the main campus. The same circumstances also preclude new entries into Class E; with one exception spoiler[Kayano Kaede in the latest chapters] all of the students now in Class E were sent down at the end of the last academic year.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 2:43 am Reply with quote
episode 0 (special)

What an amazing, deep, and emotional story of how they met. You could tell it was going to be epic and a major part of the story as a whole with an opening song being Ave Maria, with credits that focused on the hard work of the creators put in. Very cinematic.

Managed to all work so well, spoiler[until the two start hugging each other a lot. And then we find out the entire story was made up by Koro Sensei to look cool and there really was no story between them].
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 1:35 pm Reply with quote
Episode 17:

spoiler[Hunting stag beetles brings this sense of nostologia that almost feels like childhood for this week's episode.]

Now that Summer vacation has begun, I think there's a lot of possibilities this series' story could go with. Oh and spoiler[Koro-sensei looked funny in that bug-like outfit haha]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 1:49 pm Reply with quote

spoiler[Island time!
Pretty interesting trap for Koro-sensei this time.
So it turned into stag beetles hunting..
New instructor enters the scene.
That guy was pretty skilled.
Those kids sure get pretty cool ideas on when to make their attempts.
Looks like Irina isn't giving up on the assassination either.]
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 2:24 pm Reply with quote
I honestly thought the first half of the series would end after this arc, it might well be the case since there's a bit to go before the vacation assassination is concluded.

The first half was milked for the hilarity factor, but it should be interesting to see what Nagisa learnt from Lovro and how it's portrayed if he gets the chance to use it spoiler[which he will of course ]

6 hours boat ride from Tokyo?! Fictional or not, the island looks well equipped to cater to the class's requests. Now that Koro-Sensei has weakened himself through his own carelessness, viewers will get to see how the spoiler[failed assassination ] will progress.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 8:37 pm Reply with quote
Harleyquin wrote:
viewers will get to see how the spoiler[failed assassination ] will progress.

Whatever happens there is no denying it has been a pretty good wind up. Class E is starting to look like a military unit and even the Irina's master seems impressed.

If I were one of the students I would have a problem in that Koro-sensei is too likable to kill.

They sure pulled their punches on the fan service didn't they? I thought this would turn into a typical swimsuit episode but Irina found out it was a waste of time to try.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 9:30 am Reply with quote
Episode 17

I am sure of it, the Irina's spoiler[master mentioned someone called "the Reaper" who is the greatest assassin], I am almost certain that is spoiler[who Koro-sensei was before he became the current mutant]. The implication so far has been that spoiler[Koro-sensei was once human, and was turned into the tentacle superpower for some reason]. It fits that they would have spoiler[chosen the best assassin for that], and I would say what probably made him the best is that no one spoiler[sees him coming just as he is able to make himself look so ridiculous]. And it is why he is also interested in spoiler[teaching through assassination] too.

Best part of the episode was Koro-sensei realising spoiler[he wasted his malt].
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 1:27 pm Reply with quote
Episode 18:

Heh, I laughed more than I had expected at the form Koro-sensei took this week. Unfortunately, it seems like the episode wasn't full of laughter considering a crisis hits the E-Class D:

Poor them.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 2:37 pm Reply with quote
A little spoiler[movie] for Koro-sensei.
It was a nice spoiler[summary of evertyhing] that happened so far.
New assassination attempt was very elaborate.
Those kids sure made an effort this time... impressive!
spoiler[Still, it wasn't enough, but they get an A for effort.
A mysterious new enemy appeared]
... interesting timing.
New task ahead!
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 3:59 pm Reply with quote
Ever since the second season was announced, all of the viewers aware of the announcement should have been aware that the attempt would fail. Despite the planning that went into this, there's little one can do when information is incomplete.

Now that the third party has made its move, the students have to traverse quite the obstacle just to get to step one of the infiltration mission. Considering the anime spoiler[skipped the arc where the students learned free-running in the mountainside, ] next week might not have the same satisfaction value for some viewers compared to others.

The bit at the end felt like it was tacked on unnecessarily because everything required for this episode was animated within the time limit, but I think I know why they did the extra scene at the end since it might come in useful over the next few weeks.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 8 of 19