• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Assassination Classroom (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 1:13 am Reply with quote
Harleyquin wrote:
What comes next is the series' Deus Ex Machina, since it so happens JAXA have scheduled an unmanned rocket launch into space for the ISS astronauts to get supplies. Which of course means getting two secondary-school students with no previous training prepared for the rigours of space travel by the end of a month. It's fun to watch, but keep the suspension of disbelief active or risk being disappointed.

Yeah, totally out of nowhere. It is not like Koro Sensei who happens to have an article on it, a plan, and was open to the competition, may have actually planned this and subtly manipulated things to create this situation as one further lesson for his students.
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 5:36 am Reply with quote
Koro-Sensei may not have planned it, but good teachers are supposed to seize opportunities when chance delivers them on a plate. Given his mach speed, once the result of the survival competition was announced it would not have taken him long to whiz around looking for clues on experiments with him as the subject (and Ritsu was already aware of most of the experiments anyway).
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 1:50 pm Reply with quote
Season 2, episode 19:

Pretty good stuff, loved the blast off scene with the rocket ship. Plus, I love how far it goes to show Class-E is willing to protect what they treasure.

Nagisa and Karma make a good team even in space.
Looking back, this episode made me cry a little because we're almost at the end of the journey Anime cry
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 2:06 pm Reply with quote
Getting them up to space seemed a little too easy to me, but having a Mach 20 monster and one of the world's most sophisticated AI systems assisting certainly makes the task a lot easier than it should have been.

Looking at the credits for this episode, the producers made the effort to ask European/American bilingual voice actors to help out with this episode. The difference between the Japanese VAs and the native speakers for the English lines really shows here. Fortunately (and unfortunately as the case may be) this is the last one viewers have to put up with multiple languages in this show.

The conclusion to the great space journey is of course the key point of this episode (no problems with the grammar in the condensed report from what I could tell). Now that Koro-Sensei isn't guaranteed to take the world with him when his stipulated deadline is up, the class is now in a race against all other national governments keen to annihilate the world's most wanted organism. They may not want to kill him, but it'll certainly hurt them if all the effort they put in over the last academic year didn't bear fruit because someone stole the kill from them.

They don't have much time to go now that there are only two months remaining to the school year. Here's to the last few episodes of this series.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 9:34 pm Reply with quote
I knew that the students would go back to deciding to assassinate Koro-sensei at the end. Not because it is being mean, but because Koro-sensei put so much work into setting up this class, he has been teaching them it all year it would surely in the end to drop it now that planetary death is unlikely. It was the job they had been given, and they had been given a lot of opportunities for it, they can now kind of face him head on as assassins.

There was quite a bit to like with the space things, regardless that there would clearly be things that did not make sense, it still feels like they tried.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 10:22 pm Reply with quote
I loved the English dialog.

And the music track during the space mission was outstanding.
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 2:02 pm Reply with quote
Season 2, episode 20:

Funny episode, might be one of the funniest one of the season so far.

A valentine theme and that means Kaede and Irina are trying to get the guy they like. Ah, I just really like Irina and Karasuma's chemistry this episode. They always have this connection that's hard to take eyes off of.

Kaede's inner girly personality also shined quite well too.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 7:20 pm Reply with quote
Bridge episode since the calendar has yet to hit March for the students yet. It's also a reminder to viewers that Koro-Sensei still has a duty to his students to whom he fully expects to see graduate upon his death at their hands.

The Valentine Day segment is really to see the student's interpersonal relationships reach their logical conclusion (along with a certain teacher pairing).

The prospects for the student whose talent of assassination seem completely out of place in peaceful Japan now seem a lot brighter after he's unexpectedly shown a different career path by the most unlikely of sources.

The big plan which the world authorities have been building on over the last months is almost ready to show its hand for the final arc.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 10:59 pm Reply with quote
So according to a small comment by Rio, she actually has a little crush on Nagisa also, but she says she cannot "poach him".

This was a pretty feel good episode about where everyone is looking like they are going, which makes me think things are about to get pretty serious.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 12:23 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
So according to a small comment by Rio, she actually has a little crush on Nagisa also, but she says she cannot "poach him".

Actually I wouldn't mind seeing her and Karma together. They seem to have the same interests and get along.

As for Irina: poor thing. She went and fell in love with the one guy she will never, ever get the better of. And his one apparent pleasure in life is playing her.
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:52 pm Reply with quote
Season 2, episode 21:

Man, I had a smile on my face during the first half of this week's episode. Then, it felt like I took a feels trip after the launch of that satellite cannon...

Quote emotional. After looking back, the kids really did have unforgettable memories with Koro-sensei. I hate how the media paints him as some sort of monster though. 3 more episodes left yet I'm starting to miss the show already.
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:17 pm Reply with quote
End-game, part 1.

Not much of a lead-up for those not familiar with the source material with the only clue being the date thrown in casually by Karasuma shortly after he left Koro-Sensei alone to finish his album editing.

The only member of the class not to rush forward to look for embarrassing photos to purge was Karma, knowing him he kept his bully-fishing extra-curricular activities away from the prying eyes of the octopus.

The students' choice of phone avatars is a fair reflection of their personalities developed thus far over the franchise. The producers have also tried to mimic spoken Japanese as far as possible over text relay messages, including emoticons which are obvious in meaning even for viewers unfamiliar with their usage.

spoiler[ Due to time, budget and creative constraints the producers have decided not to talk about the preparatory actions of the last remaining killer pair and the super soldier the students have to overcome to get to the classroom. Hopefully that will not come back to bite them when those parts have to be wheeled onto stage. ]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:55 pm Reply with quote
Everything has come down to this. Like how there is the media reaction to Koro-sensei that might be reflective of how you might react when first coming into this series. Everyone thinks he is done for, the class have gone in to save him, and Koro-sensei is making the albums for his students. Looking at what he made as guides during the fieldtrip makes me wonder what he has done. Koro-sensei taking all those photos, including one during the Nagisa and Karma confrontation, was pretty funny, teasing his students a little but also give them lasting memories of their time.
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:13 pm Reply with quote
Season 2, episode 22:

Koro-sensei taught them well, he taught the students really well. I like how they are using all their skills including fighting with stealth, military tactics, and using team strategies this episode.

Good action as well, Karma impressed me he most.

Happy Birthday to Sensei as well! Good memory they are making there.
I'm excited for the climatic battle we'll about to see soon.
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:34 pm Reply with quote
Much as I'm disappointed spoiler[the super soldier mini-arc was cut and the confrontation between the students and him en-route to the classroom was edited out], I can't say I'm disappointed with the way the show portrayed the students' successful infiltration of the barrier against professional JSDF soldiers.

Koro-Sensei's final lesson punctuated by Yanagisawa's return and the revelation of Shinigami Mk II's transformation to complete monster. Unsurprisingly Koro-Sensei gets battered about for the second half of the episode, but the duo's determination to torture him slowly in front of his class is going to prove their undoing (good luck to anime-only viewers trying to figure out how Koro-Sensei will turn the tables).

Not long to go before the series ends.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 17 of 19