• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Durarara!!×2 (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaxSouth

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:55 am Reply with quote
_Cyphon_:

I am a fan, actually; I rated original Durara as "Very Good", considering whole set of positive and negative qualities it has. I just can not insert in my every post disclaimer that my critiques (often harsh) do not mean that the project overall is bad.

There is more to anime than concept/setting/scenario. Even though those three are the most important to me personally, I never allow it to skew my ratings of the show. This is why most projects that I critique have actually positive ratings from me, even though specifically on concept/setting/scenario part the rating (if there was such thing) could be mediocre or low.

Episode 20:

Big story (if it even exists) does not really move, just meandering happens.

Also, the information lad has discovered to have telescopic vision since he can read tiny text on headless woman's smartphone from many meters afar. Shocked
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:28 pm Reply with quote
Durarara!! x2 Ten episode 9:

Overall nice episode.

We find out more about Izaya's past since he had one with Shrina when they were in school. Quite thrilling a way and they have an interesting on-screen chemistry imo. That Nakura guy made a big mistake imo for what he tried to do. Hoping Shrina recover well soon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:20 pm Reply with quote
Izaya is a complicated guy. Did he really want to get revenge on that guy for stabbing Shinra? Does he really not feel good from being thanked? And Celty really knows now what Izaya has, what will she do?

Celty talking with the police was funny.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:34 pm Reply with quote
Durarara x2 Ten episode 10

Aoba's brother kinda scares me tbh or rather he reminds me of Two-Face somewhat from Batman. Nice episode overall despite some of the silliness. Felt bad for Kyohei this episode. It seems at various points throughout this season, someone is bound to get hurt...

Quite an episode!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:32 pm Reply with quote
Does anyone have any idea why the translator decided to have some characters address the others by first name when they were clearing saying the last name? I don't remember Durarara ever switching them in subs before, so this was weird. Not to mention it was only for a few characters too.

Anyway, yep, tis the season where every favorite character of mine gets beaten up, and it's great.
Darkmagick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:15 pm Reply with quote
killjoy_the wrote:
Does anyone have any idea why the translator decided to have some characters address the others by first name when they were clearing saying the last name? I don't remember Durarara ever switching them in subs before, so this was weird. Not to mention it was only for a few characters too.

I noticed that too, and it was driving me crazy. They weren't even consistent about it. At one point Anri referring to "Kida-kun" was translated as "Masaomi" and at another point it was translated as "Kida". It especially annoys me because Mikado, Anri, and Masaomi seem to have this subtle tension going where some of them switched to calling each other by first name over the course of the friendship while some of them haven't.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:52 pm Reply with quote
X2 Ten, Episode 11

A lot is happening, but what exactly it is unclear. I think it seems most likely that it is Aoba who had Kadota hit, and he is trying to mess with Dollars by manipulating the situation. While this might spell trouble for Mikado, I think that he really has not trusted Aoba from the beginning and wonder if he is about to turn it around.

And Izaya, it does look like he has everyone in his little game that he is playing, but I think Izaya is missing something. Akabayashi pretty much warned him that it is common for an arsonist to get burned, and it looks like he did not truly take the warning.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 4:52 am Reply with quote
Ah Namie...she just always seems to look for trouble in this show.
Felt kinda bad for Shizuo though for getting arrested. I think he is almost like becoming as scapegoat in thsi story.
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:43 pm Reply with quote
And it ends! Volume 10 is just one of those books, where too much happens and it's hard to keep track of. It sets a bunch of things in place and then... the season ends. Volumes 11~13 I haven't read, outside of a few spoilers, so the next season is going to be all new for me, and hopefully it's good.

I'm pretty sure Izaya is fated to get some abuse every end of season.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:44 pm Reply with quote
Durarara xTen episode 12:

I think overall the season was fun and we get to see Vorona meet Izaya this episode. I think her reactions to meeting him was expected though. And also, Mikado's character is becoming much more interesting and a bit different form what I remember.

I can't wait to see how their characters' role will be played out in the final cour. Will be checking it out for Winter!
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:17 pm Reply with quote
Going to be a long wait for January.
Sunara Ishi

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:26 am Reply with quote
And there it ends; part-way into volume 11. Still wish this season had more of the flow of the LN but oh well. Annoyed about a few changes but it was good.

I guess the rest of vol. 11 will be next season and hopefully a lot of dedicated time to vol 12 and 13. Anime hyper
(....unless they decide to jump into Durarara!!Sh! Which I doubt. )
I'm so looking forward to it~ <3 I hope it is done epic-cally.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:29 am Reply with quote
The Second ark (Ten), Episode 12 (finale)

Wait, I thought the previous episode and this implied Namie would not return, but she is now at Celty's place!

Oh, nice surprise, a bit of back and forward but Izaya did underestimate that he did not have the only monster.

I just decided to give some ratings of the season, giving the first cour of the season a Good rating. And I gave the second one a Very good, I feel like especially earlier on there were some pretty interesting things going on.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:11 am Reply with quote
Keep on talking, keep on being shocked.
Just a bunch of weird characters doing their thing.
Mikado really changed.
Felt like Mikado & Kida switched places this season.
Ending in typical Durarara stye..
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:31 am Reply with quote
Final season, episode 1:

Cool new OP song. I like it just as much as the previous season.

Lol I like how Izaya's past actions still influence the story up to this point. Good to see Shinra doing slightly better.
Yes this felt more like a transition episode from previous season and buildup. Very excited to see how the remainder 11 episodes will be like. Celty is so awesome still, can't wait to see her role for rest of teh season.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 11 of 14