• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Saekano: How to Raise a Boring Girlfriend (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:00 pm Reply with quote
Episode 3:
Not going to lie, spoiler[Kato looked adorable in the latest episode and I think she is a good candidate for their mascot.] And as for the spoiler[Tomoya, stop reading light novels and get to work! Time is of the essence!]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:02 am Reply with quote
Episode 3

I don't feel like I have as much to talk about in this episode compared to others. But based on the end I think there is something about spoiler[him still not knowing what he wants, that he keeps on dreaming and losing focus on what it is]. The girls seemed to actually say they have already lost since the heroine has come on board. I think that there might be something about saying that in harem anime, or the ilk, the heroine should be improved by the other girls.

Needed more Kato, and I think that there is a strong question of what should be changed.
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:01 pm Reply with quote
Episode 4:
Lol, spoiler[I smell jealousy with Tomoya this episode especially after he sees Megumi with another guy.]

This was amusing for an episode spoiler[but also at the same time unites the main core members of the club to work. I wonder how long Eriri and Utaha will continue their constant feuding though Laughing]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:39 am Reply with quote
Yeah, he spoiler[jelly].

Also Eriri has strong twin tail power.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:47 pm Reply with quote
Oh noes, my post on previous week or so gone from site down. Well pretty much the fact that the spoiler[girls have trouble making Kato a 3D character is because such things as forcing her to not be herself]. This shown with the fact that he spoiler[ignored advice of what he should have done on the date, and it still came out alright].
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:06 pm Reply with quote
I think I'm starting to like Megumi even more than Utaha now....
Yttrbio
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:00 pm Reply with quote
Eppysoda 6

Wooo, boy. It's time to look straight at the idea of the childhood friend losing out to the new hotness (or, in this case, mildness). Another one of those episodes that makes me immediately want to rewatch the entire series, to look at what's up with Utaha. Sometimes, spoiler[you can't unmake a made relationship, no matter how much you try.]
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:35 pm Reply with quote
Wait....did spoiler[Tomoya just say "Make me a man..."?]

Oh wait never mind. And this was mostly an spoiler[Utaha featured episode (they did add some cute bits of Kato at the end though). And obviously, they didn't have "do it" at the until despite that controversial image she took at the end there. Is it also just me or does Utaha go into like a crazy working mode when she's putting effort into her work? Laughing]
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:56 pm Reply with quote
Okay, we are now six episodes in and Music Girl still hasn't made her official entrance. I no longer believe she exists. WE DUN BEEN TROLLED AND THE CONSEQUENCES WILL NEVER BE THE SAME!
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:05 pm Reply with quote
It's okay, Blood-. She totally exists because every night in my dreams, I see her, I feel her. That is how I know she exists. And that's also where it matters.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:27 pm Reply with quote
Uh-oh, sounds like somebody has been gripping his hug pillow a little too tight... Wink
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:11 am Reply with quote
Episode 6

So it is spoiler[gap moe]? It is what will driving it. The final scene kind of drove it home with Kato spoiler[actually being as annoyed as Eriri was drawing]. He seemed to be onto it when he mentioned the whole spoiler[appearing like a flat character thing].

Honestly I kind of forgot where the we were up with plot as the beginning kept switching between what apparently happened the year before and how Utaha is now. I think it all came together pretty good as we spoiler[were meant to think about Utaha's relationship with him before moving on with the plot]. Utaha's relationship being spoiler[echoed in what she wrote as a backstory the game character's past, that she is gripping to the past a bit too heavily where she herself kind of messed up].

The two were spoiler[author and reader, she was captivated by his passion for her work, and I guess she took some of that as passion for her as well]. But despite everything he spoiler[said, it was a betrayal to write specifically to pander his view, it went against his ethics and I guess she took it as a blow to her character which had her fight back]. The refusal of a spoiler[main heroine like that, and past life saying she doesn't like her reincarnation], two connected ideas.
vanfanel

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:11 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Okay, we are now six episodes in and Music Girl still hasn't made her official entrance. I no longer believe she exists.

She'll be like that evil waitress in the OPs of Slayers Next and Try.
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:00 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I'm wondering where spoiler[Michiru] is too...I mean she already appeared in the prequel special so we know a little about her in terms of personality.

Anyways, the latest episode spoiler[established a rivalry between Tomoya and that Iori guy. Pretty tense stuff.]

On a more cuter side, I spotted spoiler[Kato with ponytail style. APPROVED!]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:50 am Reply with quote
Episode 7

Despite spoiler[sudden kouhai] and such, I still felt the highlight was Kato. For starters with how episode 0 went I feel like a spoiler[change in hair] can have significance, she mentioned spoiler[growing it then]. It sounded like she specifically mentioned the spoiler[two archetypes of the other girls in about staying on character with hairstyles]. Also funny that she actually brought up the spoiler[scenario of being noticed by changing look, but perhaps bad timing]. Regardless the spoiler[ponytail was nice.]

Of course followed by him spoiler[praising another archetype for the real version to show up and him not entirely interested in].
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4