• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Aldnoah.Zero Episodes 1-12 Streaming

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ryanvamp

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:05 am Reply with quote
This was a very bad show. It wasn't spectacularly bad though, not even "so bad it's good" material, but its flaws are more apparent for the big names involved and the budget it got.

I'm morbidly waiting to check out at least the 1st episode of the 2nd season if only to find out how much of a train wreck/cop out it can be.
Juno016

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:44 am Reply with quote
meiam wrote:
Well that's kinda what happen when you agree to have your name stamped on project where you don't have control, sometime it'll blow up and you'll get caught in the blast. He surely got a lot of money for letting them use his name.

It would be interesting how much control he thought he was supposed to have versus how much they actually considered his input. Although it'd be kinda weird if they just decided to ignore everything he said to go with what ultimately came out, so maybe he asked for more, they said no and decided to make there own script.

I'm sure he's not upset about the money, but I don't think "He got a lot of money, so he should just be quiet" is a very valid standpoint. If he did that, then it would mean that he doesn't care about the quality of his own work. Him coming out about it at LEAST means that he's concerned with how it was written and probably was disappointed as well. As for the control he believes he has--he discussed it a lot when talking about working on Madoka. He felt that a writer's work is that of a writer and his narrative work wouldn't necessarily translate to a visual medium like anime directly, so the other staff are there to discuss and edit the script as they see fit to make it as great as they can. That's why he was surprised to see such minimal changes to his work when he wrote Madoka. I'd say the changes to Gargantia, Psycho-Pass, and Fate/Zero are more along what he's used to, but to change the conclusion he had written for Aldnoah.Zero completely? I'm sure that was quite the surprise for him. Still, that's just presumption. Aside from his word, we don't know exactly what went on behind the scenes, so I'd hardly say he's 100% innocent, but at least he's concerned about it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4