• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sword Art Online Lost Song PS3/PS Vita Game's 2nd Promo Explains Gameplay

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kouta6769

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:24 am Reply with quote
Wow can't wait for this to hit the states, looks freakin fun.
natchu96

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:06 am Reply with quote
It's kind of jarring seeing them like this after watching too many episodes of SAO Abridged on youtube Razz

They gotta hurry it up so we can decide whether this is any good as soon as possible.
Nerroth

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:09 am Reply with quote
The (Asian) English and Traditional Chinese versions of PV2 have also been posted.

Meanwhile, the game site has added more deban... character pages, expanded the System section, and added info about "NerveGear vol.3".
Shikiari

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:01 pm Reply with quote
Looking good for last gen. The option to play as Leafa, Sinon or Philia makes this an instant buy.
They need to make an MMORPG of it already. Very Happy
Broly The Saiyan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:02 pm Reply with quote
from playing the hollow fragment game it makes me wonder why you could date and build your relationship with the other characters besides asuna but you never could divorce her and marry the other characters even though their conversations talk about marriage. hopefully in this game you can marry other heroines.
BillyMK

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:38 pm Reply with quote
Is it my imagination or did I hear Asuna asking Kirito about Zekken?
Yeah, I don't really know japanese, but from my "experience" it sounded like that.
Nerroth

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:04 pm Reply with quote
Broly The Saiyan wrote:
from playing the hollow fragment game it makes me wonder why you could date and build your relationship with the other characters besides asuna but you never could divorce her and marry the other characters even though their conversations talk about marriage. hopefully in this game you can marry other heroines.

I'd rather the game focus on establishing Kirito and Asuna's relationship (and, if Agil is playable, that between him and his wife), and - if the developers do end up allowing players to create custom characters in the final game - have that provide the option of pursuing one (and only one) character other than those mentioned above.

The thought of the remaining cast spending their lives in a holding pattern is not a happy one - but on the other hand, even if they were willing to "move on" romantically-speaking, a new player should have to earn their stripes if they wanted to be worth any further consideration in that regard.
Broly The Saiyan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:11 pm Reply with quote
Nerroth wrote:
Broly The Saiyan wrote:

I'd rather the game focus on establishing Kirito and Asuna's relationship (and, if Agil is playable, that between him and his wife), and - if the developers do end up allowing players to create custom characters in the final game - have that provide the option of pursuing one (and only one) character other than those mentioned above.

The thought of the remaining cast spending their lives in a holding pattern is not a happy one - but on the other hand, even if they
were willing to "move on" romantically-speaking, a new player should have to earn their stripes if they wanted to be worth any further consideration in that regard.

I disagree I would rather have the ability to divorce asuna and try marrying the other heroines for the sake of variety after all not everyone likes asuna it is a lot better to give the player the option to choose who he romances instead of a forced relationship i am pretty sure you and I can agree that forced relationships suck
Nerroth

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:00 pm Reply with quote
Broly The Saiyan wrote:
Nerroth wrote:
Broly The Saiyan wrote:

The thought of the remaining cast spending their lives in a holding pattern is not a happy one - but on the other hand, even if they
were willing to "move on" romantically-speaking, a new player should have to earn their stripes if they wanted to be worth any further consideration in that regard.

I disagree I would rather have the ability to divorce asuna and try marrying the other heroines for the sake of variety after all not everyone likes asuna it is a lot better to give the player the option to choose who he romances instead of a forced relationship i am pretty sure you and I can agree that forced relationships suck

If the game started off a point before Kirito and Asuna got married, that would be one thing. But in the case of Hollow Fragment, you (the player) start off at a point by which Kirito has already committed himself to their relationship,

Granted, we don't yet know what relation, if any, Lost Song will have to the canon timeline, and/or to the off-ramp taken in HF. But unless they retcon the entire backstory and have this game take place in a world where the two never got together, I believe that it should matter. Having Kirito cheat on Asuna, or break up with her and start chasing after other girls, would ill serve all of the characters involved.

But on the other hand, a part of this game's setup is that you don't have to play as Kirito. They have already shown more than a few teams without him (including the Leafa-Silica-Lisbeth trio featured in the Girls Ops manga), and it may be that the storyline is flexible (or perhaps generic) enough to accommodate this.

And that's before we find out for sure if the designers go ahead with the suggestion of allowing players to work up their own custom avatars. (Imagine being able to choose one's own gender, ALO race, and so forth.)

The fact that this game will not be tied to Kirito's perspective the way that Infinity Moment and Hollow Fragment were means that there is a golden opportunity to show more of the world than that seen through his eyes... and different sides to each character to those he experiences.

I'd much rather see a new character try to build a relationship with Leafa, or Sinon, or Philia (or Klein, for that matter), and make it one's own storyline from the outset - to include dealing with the part about them getting over their hang-ups regarding Kirito - rather than trying to turn him into someone he's not.

And speaking of Klein, it would be interesting if they added a new character who could be a love interest for him to pursue. There has to be someone closer to his own age who'd like him better than Kirito, right?
Broly The Saiyan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:41 am Reply with quote
Nerroth wrote:
Broly The Saiyan wrote:
Nerroth wrote:
Broly The Saiyan wrote:

If the game started off a point before Kirito and Asuna got married, that would be one thing. But in the case of Hollow Fragment, you (the player) start off at a point by which Kirito has already committed himself to their relationship,

Granted, we don't yet know what relation, if any, Lost Song will have to the canon timeline, and/or to the off-ramp taken in HF. But unless they retcon the entire backstory and have this game take place in a world where the two never got together, I believe that it should matter. Having Kirito cheat on Asuna, or break up with her and start chasing after other girls, would ill serve all of the characters involved.

But on the other hand, a part of this game's setup is that you don't have to play as Kirito. They have already shown more than a few teams without him (including the Leafa-Silica-Lisbeth trio featured in the Girls Ops manga), and it may be that the storyline is flexible (or perhaps generic) enough to accommodate this.

And that's before we find out for sure if the designers go ahead with the suggestion of allowing players to work up their own custom avatars. (Imagine being able to choose one's own gender, ALO race, and so forth.)

The fact that this game will not be tied to Kirito's perspective the way that Infinity Moment and Hollow Fragment were means that there is a golden opportunity to show more of the world than that seen through his eyes... and different sides to each character to those he experiences.

I'd much rather see a new character try to build a relationship with Leafa, or Sinon, or Philia (or Klein, for that matter), and make it one's own storyline from the outset - to include dealing with the part about them getting over their hang-ups regarding Kirito - rather than trying to turn him into someone he's not.

And speaking of Klein, it would be interesting if they added a new character who could be a love interest for him to pursue. There has to be someone closer to his own age who'd like him better than Kirito, right?

The better thing for them to do is let the player decide since its not canon at all but I still stand by what I said it would be better to have the option to romance others rather than be stuck in a forced relationship but since the new game is in alfheim then that means that hopefully kirito isnt married to asuna since its not Sao plus they wouldn need to redo the story to divorce asuna at most it would take like one or two scenes then its over with
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1