• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: No More Chocolates in Next Year's Prince of Tennis Valentine's Contest

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
malvarez1

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:58 pm Reply with quote
Shocked

Wow, Prince of Tennis is still really popular, apparently. No one seems to talk about it anymore.
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:01 pm Reply with quote
Too bad I didn't get to see that floor mural at Ikebukuro Sunshine! I might have stolen a square. lol
Fedora-san

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:09 pm Reply with quote
malvarez1 wrote:
Shocked

Wow, Prince of Tennis is still really popular, apparently. No one seems to talk about it anymore.

Maybe not in the America, but it's huge in Japan. Americans don't really like sports series much.
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:16 pm Reply with quote
Fedora-san wrote:
malvarez1 wrote:
Shocked

Maybe not in the America, but it's huge in Japan. Americans don't really like sports series much.

I like Haikyuu and Ro-Kyu-Bu.
shiranehito

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:35 am Reply with quote
With so many amount of chocolate, I don't think all JUMP crews can finish them all. Were they usually thrown away once the vote counting done? Not to mention, chocolate bars usually has long shelf life, but what if the fans sent chocolate cake with cream? That's gonna get spoiled in few days.

Although I understand their passion for their characters, now that I've seen so many chocolates (possibly) wasted, I hope they return to the traditional voting system.
cosain

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:50 am Reply with quote
no one can contain Atobe sama anymore Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:43 am Reply with quote
Over 130,000? How much tons does it weigh?
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:49 pm Reply with quote
This is a good thing since we're about to enter a chocolate shortage, so it's better that we don't waste a bunch on fictional characters.
sunflower

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:07 am Reply with quote
For crying out loud, why don't they have them send in gift cards that can be given to the poor or homeless, or set up a donation site that lets them donate to a charity in their favorite character's name. All the money and energy wasted on this is so annoying when it could easily be shifted in a different direction.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:29 pm Reply with quote
sunflower wrote:
For crying out loud, why don't they have them send in gift cards that can be given to the poor or homeless, or set up a donation site that lets them donate to a charity in their favorite character's name. All the money and energy wasted on this is so annoying when it could easily be shifted in a different direction.

How many middle class or upper middle class people do you know would willingly donate money to such a cause.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1