• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Publisher Vertical Opens 2015-2016 Light Novel Survey

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
acetatsujin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:06 am Reply with quote
Golden Time light novel and manga! Please translate those. I want to have the physical copies. I read the manga so I'm up-to-date with it but the releases from fans are very slow.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:43 am Reply with quote
I would love to see Rail Wars!, Vanadis, or Infinite Stratos, Of these 3, I have only read fan translations of Vanadis (IS I have just scrolled through the books but haven't read a whole chapter yet).
Jajanken

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:49 am Reply with quote
This idea if FREAKING GENIUS THIS COMPANY IS AWESOME. Kino please...
navycherub

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:15 am Reply with quote
Does anyone still have the license to Zaregoto?
Cyclone1993

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:16 am Reply with quote
I had to say Black Bullet on the survey. I would have went with Hitsugi no Chaika, but since Yen Press got the manga I figured they would be the company to release the novels as well if it ever happens. Although I was considering Outbreak Company as well...So many choices!
Agent355

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:57 am Reply with quote
What light novels do people really want? I'm totally willing to give them a chance if they're good. Would Vertical consider license rescues? So many great novel series never finished here, including The Twelve Kingdoms, Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit and Full Metal Panic. There's also the excellent and sadly OOP Welcome to the NHK. What about stuff from Tomihiko Morimi (The Eccentric Family, The Tatami Galaxy)? I don't think his stuff are technically light novels, though. I got so many questions before I fill in the form!

Oh, and do you guys think anyone would be interested in The Story of Saiunkoku or Humanity has Declined?
kevinx59

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:29 am Reply with quote
From The New World. The anime's out, and Vertical themselves put out the manga, and yet we don't even have the single source novel itself. I would expect a single novel would be easier to license and translate (unless I'm mistaken). If not maybe Haikasoru would consider it.
Agent355

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:16 am Reply with quote
From the New World should be a no brainer, then, unless the sales for the manga haven't been good.
Niyari

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:23 am Reply with quote
Oregairu seems like a good Vertical-ish title
Ali07

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:47 am Reply with quote
I was thinking of putting down Aria the Scarlet Ammo, but that seems to be getting a release digitally...would think it might hurt its chances of getting a print release from Vertical.

Mayo Chiki was another, but since Seven Seas released the manga...maybe something will happen one day? Same goes with Kokoro Connect.

Hyouka...would I have thrown away my vote if I went with that one? Loved the anime, but it wasn't even picked up. Doubt that the LNs would have a chance when the anime didn't.

Hard to think of a series I'd like to see that hasn't had its manga adaption licensed already...

Love, Chunnibyou and Other Delusions would be an interesting one. Have heard that the anime deviated from the LNs greatly. Would like to be able to read the source material to see how things were changed in the anime adaption.

But, as much as that'd interested me, I went with Sunday Without God. I really enjoyed the world created and the characters, so I'd like to be able to explore more of the world and read about what the character get up to in it.
cosain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:51 am Reply with quote
I had to Google what titles Vertical has published, and it seems like they've published Koji Suzuki novels which i owned!! (and did not know LOL -- their published novels are SO HARD to find in Sydney...)

Anyways, it seems like YenPress has licensed what LN i really wanted to read so i guess im not really fussy about what Vertical has in store... im not really knowledgeable about LN > manga > anime, so what ever they have new, I'd prolly look into it.
vanfanel

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:51 am Reply with quote
kevinx59 wrote:
From The New World. [...] I would expect a single novel would be easier to license and translate.

The novel is about 1,100 pages long, though, so even though it's not a series, the translation wouldn't be cheap.
Student no.0

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:59 am Reply with quote
Cyclone1993 wrote:
I had to say Black Bullet on the survey.

*brofist* even if Vertical decides not to pick it up, I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if Yen On picked it up later anyway if plans go well.
Juhachi

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:08 am Reply with quote
vanfanel wrote:
kevinx59 wrote:
From The New World. [...] I would expect a single novel would be easier to license and translate.

The novel is about 1,100 pages long, though, so even though it's not a series, the translation wouldn't be cheap.

But compared to a series, which will have many more pages across multiple volumes, it's a steal.

I would personally love to see From the New World translated.
captainbanana

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:07 am Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:
What light novels do people really want? I'm totally willing to give them a chance if they're good. Would Vertical consider license rescues? So many great novel series never finished here, including The Twelve Kingdoms, Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit and Full Metal Panic. There's also the excellent and sadly OOP Welcome to the NHK. What about stuff from Tomihiko Morimi (The Eccentric Family, The Tatami Galaxy)? I don't think his stuff are technically light novels, though. I got so many questions before I fill in the form!

Oh, and do you guys think anyone would be interested in The Story of Saiunkoku or Humanity has Declined?

I came to suggest the works of Tomihiko Morimi as well. I'm dying to read The Tatami Galaxy and The Eccentric Family as well as some of the lesser known works.

From The New World would be great, but that's a lot of novel to translate for sure.

I'd love to have an official version of the Monogatari series (Bake, Nise, etc) but that seems like a tall/expensive order.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2