• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kyoto Animation Unveils Sound! Euphonium Character Profiles, Plot Summary

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:20 pm Reply with quote
Hmm, it looks alright. The premise looks fine too with the character designs. Curious to see how this will be adapted. The music part is something I'm pretty interested in tbh.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Yuki_Kun45
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:25 pm Reply with quote
I'm a little concerned the plot sounds nearly identical to K-ON!, I'm hoping this won't be a snow clone series. I really did like K-ON but I don't need to see it in disguise of another story and series. Still I'm giving this a shot it might be fun. Kazuki reminds me of me just a little, I started in the band in middle school as a trumpet player and switched to trombone a little later.
grooven

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:36 pm Reply with quote
Looks beautiful, but the plot sounds boring and samey. Like the posts above, sounds like K-ON.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:58 pm Reply with quote
While the synopsis is a classic (read: average) Slice-of-Life that has been used quite often, the settings of the story touch on a relatively unexplored area (brass instruments in a Music Club). Also, Kyoto Animation's art style in recent years is full of vibrant, vivid colours, smooth animations and solid visuals (color-contrast, brightness-of-frame, etc).
I'll check this out.
YumeHunter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:05 pm Reply with quote
grooven wrote:
Looks beautiful, but the plot sounds boring and samey
Pretty much this. I just hope it doesn't have drama that's cringeworthy. Because it sounds that it could have that.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:26 pm Reply with quote
I'm not too worried. Seems like it will have more of a focus on music than K-On did. Not sold on the composer tho...only liked a small portion of his songs in Kawai and Glasslip OSTs. To his defense though, it was one of the only two things that was good about Glasslip
AnimeTenchou

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:46 pm Reply with quote
KyoAni + instruments = win
RitsuLaw

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:15 pm Reply with quote
Hmn, this is probably just me, but the plot reminded a little of Free!; like, the whole "I hurt my bff's feelings in elementary school and now i'm afraid to do what i like" thing and all. Anyways, it sounds ok to me, but i'll wait another PV to decide if I will watch this or not.
Sunny milk

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:30 pm Reply with quote
I think they would do better making a series with a male cast, but their funeral.
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:36 pm Reply with quote
Not much plot, the character designs are lovely and the magic of Kyoani will make them even lovelier, and the music will certainly be great. It'll be successful if Kyoani markets it anywhere near K-ON levels or at least halfway to K-ON levels.
Sam Murai

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:00 pm Reply with quote
Meh. Beyond sounding just like K-ON! (surprise, surprise), it does not breed a whole lot of interest. Still might check it out, though hopefully it will not wear out its welcome as quickly as the aforementioned did, personally.

Sunny milk wrote:
I think they would do better making a series with a male cast, but their funeral.

Honestly, even though I'm not hankering for any "cute guy" type of series, I think such a show with a male cast would have been more interesting to see, by virtue of not generating that "retread" feeling with the "cute girls", alone.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
digidragon
ANN Past Staff

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:01 pm Reply with quote
RitsuLaw wrote:
Hmn, this is probably just me, but the plot reminded a little of Free!; like, the whole "I hurt my bff's feelings in elementary school and now i'm afraid to do what i like" thing and all.

This is what I was thinking. The summary itself reminded me a bit more of Free! than K-On. Still early though...
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:01 pm Reply with quote
It's been a long time since I've seen kyoani announce something that actually intrested me...too bad I'll still have to wait. (though to be fair I haven't seen free all the way yet which I heard was actually pretty good.)
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:22 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Haruka's classmates Makoto and Nagisa decide to join the club, but Haruka sees her old classmate Rin there and hesitates. He remembers an incident he had with Rin at a swimming club contest in junior high school...

Damn, it IS a genderbent Free! I already read five genderbent fan fics but I like the character designs too much to not try it out. Shocked

Sunny milk wrote:

Eh, I would like KyoAni to do another action anime; more like Full Metal Panic and less like Beyond the Boundary.
Kevelinu

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:21 pm Reply with quote
So I am literally the only one who doesn't want to watch this because this type of music doesn't appeal to him in the slightest?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3