• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Yoru no Yatterman (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:05 am Reply with quote
Well, things sure got incomprehensible during that final battle. Guess they ran out of time/budget.

Otherwise a pretty good wrap up to a strong series.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:28 pm Reply with quote
Eh, I would have appreciated a little less battle stuff (which I didn't find particularly engaging or interesting in any case) and more of a wrap-up between and with the characters. It seemed a little perfunctory for my tastes.

Considered giving this a Very Good, but bumped it up to Excellent. I had some issues with the show but I think ultimately it had enough heart, fun, humour and cool artwork to deserve the higher grade. And let's face it - I'm not the toughest marker in the world.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:03 pm Reply with quote
Started off great although I think it had some pacing issues during the middle part. The ending was nice though with the adventures and a jaw-breaking action finale.

I think I'll rate this as good. Not a fan of the art style but the humor really made me laugh quite a bit as well as the way the characters were presented.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:16 am Reply with quote
Episode 12 (finale)

This should have been an amazing finale, but they really seemed to shoot themselves in foot. There were some really good fluidly animated scenes, but clearly this made them unable to actually finish the episode in time. This was really clear when during the fighting we had scenes that did not make sense in the context, like Doronbow's spoiler[mech crashing looking like it had tonzra catch them], which was revealed it was just a reused scene from later in the fight. How much it botched what should have been the highlight of series makes me really want to watch this when it is actually done.

I will provide my explanation for why things happened, and why to some it appears incomprehensible. What happened it is exactly what has happened when Doronbow create crazy mechs come out from the ground and such, the real power for these characters has always been their spirit. Galina and Alouette finally fully accepted and took on the title and spirit of the Gatterman, whether there is realism is irrelevant to them as they live in the Yatterman universe. When the character truly channel the spirit and characters of their ancestors, they truly become one with the part.

What I take away from this series is some kind of sentiments about the original spirit behind something. That the Doronbow gang can be here as part of this group of heroes I think says something about what the original gang had as part of a series that what I might guess as a generation's childhood. I would say that the despite them being the bad guys, the Doronbow gang were probably an as beloved part of their childhood as I would say I feel about Team Rocket. Such comedic villains teach children that there may be people who you may not agree with and they look like totally your enemy, but they are people too, they have their own wants and needs, and although their beliefs may look wrong to you, their motivations may make sense to them.

Yatterman Nights has taken the spirit of the original two sides of childhood heroes and villains, and said that maybe they can relate to each other better. The descendants of those who were once enemies may become true allies, they can help each other in the now. What can truly be the wrong are those who are stuck in the past and want people to suffer as revenge for what was done. Perhaps stretching it a bit, I think that culturally it can be very significant to the people of Japan in relation to WW2 for which many countries still hold some disdain for their actions in the war, and that their people themselves were victims of the bomb. The spirit of ancestors can be a great personal strength, but one must not be controlled by past grievances.

Wow, this has been getting a little serious. But what I really loved from this series was what I might call its child like wonder, It was Leopard (Doronjo) whose innocence and spirit really pulled this series together. Her motivation moved through all this despair that had no right being part of a kids TV franchise and made everyone become someone stronger. As someone who actually likes to recall my own childhood to remember to always be "the good guy", I think it resonates with me.

I rate this show as Very good and anticipate watching it again sometime. When this last episode fixed, please. A side note in the theme songs of this show being but one big highlight that should be one more for the arsenal of this series' charm.
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:01 am Reply with quote
ep.12

spoiler[leopard & crew give plan to stop dokurubey so trying tell people the truth but not working cause only believe in yatterman so after some thought gali tell ally let be yatterman that are real GOOD ones give leopard hearing their plans.

then after hearing gali & then leopard talks that ally finally accept & see the light with vision back even pinky agree with leopard let say the day.

give main leads ready it all give when all over volt want find high school girls yet eleph want pigs soon after leopard got older then gali & leopard had some talk yet see once is done that all go seperate ways well then it's time.

gali & ally go in as new yatterman to wake-up people to tell truth got them see the light while leopard, volt & eleph go full attack all yatter-hydra bots in all or nothing go in blaze of glory attack.

while in new era yatter-wan with gali & ally on it go battle dokurubey who went giant size with new yatter-wan with ally's dog part it & her dad shock stick help in fight.

then give taking down many yatter-hydra bots then eleph fighting remain yatter-general give all give volt enough time to BLOW IT ALL UP the place give doronbo rid many yatter-hydra at one go.

and gali & ally manage also beat dokurubey as also went kaboom as people from past eps (even the lavender guy is alive) that new day has come era of yatter-hydra is over!!!

time has past give leopard, volt, & eleph visit grave of leopard's parents then live normal lives while ally make grave for her father while her & gali go let make city all happy again indeed all done leopard can nap in happily aka The End. ]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4