• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Absolute Duo (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:26 am Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:
Not that this anime is particularly complex, but I would never understand those two in such a supposedly intense spiritual relationship while living together aren't actually doing it with each other. If it were me I wouldn't see any way of keeping my hands off of her.

It's because they're more like father/daughter.
maxwell3094

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:58 am Reply with quote
Good to see this adaptation turned out well. As generic as the light novels tend to be I do quite enjoy them and this was a nice faithful adaptation. The only somewhat major difference being how that last ark played out. And tbh I prefer it this way since it removed an spoiler[attempted rape scene] while also better establishing how Miyabi ended up with the enemy. Good on whoever decided to cut that scene.

Though I am slightly salty over the anime stopping at the most recently translated volume. The wait continues. Sad
Shikiari

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:34 pm Reply with quote
A rather delayed review from me but it pretty much did everything that I expected it to in the final episode.

Tor having to deal with spoiler[Julie's god-mode] was going to be on the agenda after seeing a sneak peak earlier on in the season. But yeah, there was some nice action scenes and at the end of the day, they spoiler[beat "K" by working together and by both being main characters.]

With the way it wrapped up nicely, I don't think we'll be seeing a second season but I'm okay with that. I'm going to rate Absolute Duo as Enjoyable since it does exactly what it says on the tin and for Julie for being so darn cute.
Yamstarch

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:58 pm Reply with quote
Shikiari wrote:

With the way it wrapped up nicely, I don't think we'll be seeing a second season

Say it ain't so Sad I'll be sad. I am just hoping a second season might be a long time off simply due to anime ending with latest book.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7